This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure
The ultimate list of fun things to do on Father’s Day to make dad’s day one to remember! These Father’s Day activities are perfect for daddy-daughter and father-son time, or activities the whole family can enjoy together!
Father’s Day is celebrated on different days around the world. Here in Australia, Father’s Day is celebrated in September.
For the USA, UK and parts of Europe, Father’s Day comes around soon after Mother’s Day in June. And for others, it falls in November.
Father’s Day is a great opportunity to spend special time together as a family, doing something new, something you do together often or something completely exciting.
There are plenty of things to do on Father’s Day that you can do as a family to honour that special father or the father figures in your life.
Often time together is what means the most for Dad, but in case you want to give him a gift to show your appreciation too, check out these DIY father’s day gift ideas and of course, for the last-minute shopper, these gifts that Dad will love, that you can shop for too.
Planning What To Do For Father’s Day
Spending quality time with dad is a perfect way to spend Father’s Day and often something as simple as doing fun activities together at home is enough to make dad’s day special.
It doesn’t need to cost a thing, but in case you’re stuck on ideas for father-son and daddy-daughter activities, this list is sure to inspire plenty of fun!
Regardless of where you are located, or even if you are just looking for some fun family activities to do with dad any time of the year, here is a list of fun things to do on Father’s Day.
55 Fun THINGS TO DO ON FATHER’S DAY
- Watch a live sport event
- Have a BBQ
- Go to a farmers market
- Take a road trip
- Have a family game of football or cricket
- Go hiking or bushwalking
- Watch a movie at the cinemas
- Play board games – check out more tech-free family ideas
- Visit a museum
- Create your own music playlist on Spotify or iTunes together
- Spend the day at the beach
- Have a family movie night at home with popcorn
- Take a mini-break for the weekend – find great accommodation deals online
- Plant a vegetable garden with dad’s favourite veggies & herbs
- Watch family home videos
- Cook up a feast of dad’s favourite meal and dessert
- Go to a concert
- Take a boat ride
- Go fishing
- Eat takeaway fish and chips by the water
- Do a brewery or distillery tour
- Have a blast at an amusement park – find a theme park near you
- Play a round of golf (mini-golf is fun for families)
- Go camping
- Have a picnic
- Stargaze in the backyard
- Go to the zoo
- Research your family history
- Learn something new in a class – online or in-person
- Volunteer together
- Bounce at an indoor trampoline centre
- Go bike riding
- Play computer games together
- Take a train/ferry/tram ride
- Reminisce memories with old photographs
- Dine out at a favourite restaurant
- Go on a lunch cruise along the river
- Visit a local community event or festival
- Help dad with a DIY project
- Have a jam session with musical instruments
- Get outside and practise your photography skills
- Go ten pin bowling
- Paint a canvas together to hang on the wall
- Go lawn bowling
- Discover local wonders while geocaching
- Explore your local area like a tourist
- Go on a car rally
- Have a scavenger hunt in the backyard
- Build a sheet fort in the lounge room together
- Set up the tent and sleep in the backyard for a home staycation
- Visit a historical site related to one of dad’s interests
And if you’re still at a loss for what to do on Father’s Day, there is always the good old breakfast in bed to kick start the day. Check out these yummy make-ahead breakfast ideas.
There are so many fun things to do with kids at home or out and about that dad will love! Start creating new precious memories together.
If you are looking for something nice to do as a couple, minus the kids, check out these 101 free or cheap date ideas that are sure to inspire. Many of them can also be adapted into kid-friendly family outings too!
Check out these great DIY Father’s Day gift ideas you can make at home for dad too:
Need gift ideas? Here are plenty of DIY options that will be fun to make:
- Valentine’s Day gift ideas
- Non-Chocolate Easter Gifts For All Ages
- Easy Christmas gifts for kids to make
- 10 of the Best Housewarming Gifts
- DIY Father’s Day Gift Ideas
- The Best Gifts For New Mothers
Do you have any special Father’s Day traditions that you do together? Leave a comment below. I would love to hear it! And save this post to Pinterest for later! Be sure to follow me on Facebook or YouTube for more celebration ideas like these!