Looking for birthday party snacks for kids? Planning the party food menu is an important part of any celebration, but when it comes to kids, you want to make sure you’re choosing party food that they will love!
As a parent, you want to be sure that your child and their friends have a great time and that includes serving up delicious snacks that they will love. After, all, what’s a party without the food?
These kids’ birthday party food ideas are sure to keep even the picky eaters happy!
Planning A Kids’ Party Snacks Menu
Planning a kids’ birthday party can be a lot of fun. It can also be overwhelming!
You’ve got kid’s party themes and fun decorations to decide on. You need to choose the venue plus plan all the party games and activities so you can keep the kids entertained. Often planning the party food is the last step of the process.
Kids love to graze at parties! They usually don’t want to be confined to a table for a sit-down meal, so your best option is party finger food for kids. It means they can grab themselves a snack and get back to the fun!
The perfect party snacks for kids include a variety of sweet and savoury food.
Additionally, you want to make sure that you provide some snacks that are healthy and nutritious as well as tasty. It’s a fine balance, but with the right party food ideas and tips, you can create a kids’ party menu that is sure to delight your little guests.
Quick Tips For Children’s Party Food
Here are some tips for planning your party menu for a kid’s birthday celebration:
- Consider dietary restrictions – Make sure to ask the parents of your guests if any of the kids have any dietary restrictions. This way, you can plan your menu accordingly and make sure everyone has something to eat.
- Don’t forget drinks – Make sure to have plenty of drinks on hand, including water and juice. You can also serve a fun, colourful punch that matches the party theme.
- Keep it simple – Don’t try to make everything from scratch. You can buy some pre-made snacks and simply heat them up. This will save you time and stress on the day of the party.
- Serve food in bite-size portions – Kids love to snack, so make sure to serve food in small portions & finger foods suitable for little hands. This way, they can grab a snack and continue playing without having to sit down for a full meal.
- Get creative with presentation – Kids love anything that looks fun and colourful. You can use fun serving trays, colourful plates, and napkins to make the food more visually appealing on your snack table.
- Sweet & savoury snacks – Make sure to have a variety of flavours since kids have different tastes and preferences.
- Healthy snacks – Always include some healthy options, such as fruit and veggies and non-processed options.
- Make ahead – If there are any party food snacks you can make the day before, this will save you time (and stress) on the day of the party.
Kid-Friendly Party Snacks To Buy
Some of the best party snacks for kids are party snacks you can buy! That saves you time in the kitchen without having to cook everything from scratch and also gives you more time to spend enjoying the party too!
- Mini sausage rolls – Sausage rolls are easy to dip in sauce and go and you can get party-size sausage rolls that are perfect for kids.
- Party pies – This is perhaps a very Aussie thing but a party without party pies doesn’t feel like a party at all! We don’t really have a national food here in Australia but meat pies are iconic.
- Chicken nuggets – It’s hard to go wrong with chicken nuggets. They are a classic kid favourite, and you can serve them with different dipping sauces like ketchup or barbecue sauce.
- Popcorn – Popcorn is a great snack that kids love. It is better suited for older kids rather than toddler parties though. You can offer different flavours like buttered popcorn, caramel, or sweet and salty.
- French fries – A tray of fries with their favourite sauces to dip in is easy and sure to be a popular hot party food snack.
- Savoury snacks – Chips, pretzels, crackers.
- Mini quiches – Mini quiche is often a crowd pleaser if you’ve also got adults to cater for at your kid’s party.
- Mini bagels – Get some freshly baked small bagels and spread them with cream cheese for a quick lunch platter idea. For a healthy twist, leave them in half and top the cream cheese with slices of fresh fruit too.
Fun Birthday Party Snacks For Kids To Make
If you do have the time to make your own birthday snacks for kids, there are so many fun birthday party snack recipes that kids will love. These party finger foods for kids are mostly easy, with a few that require a little extra time and effort.
Savoury Party Food For Kids
- Mini sandwiches – Make little sandwiches with a variety of kid-friendly fillings, steering clear of spicy fillings or allergens such as peanut butter. Stick with things like ham and cheese, egg and lettuce, or get your child to choose their favourites!
- Mini pizzas – Kids love pizza, and mini pizzas are the perfect size for little hands. You can make them with a variety of toppings, including cheese, pepperoni, mushrooms, and bell peppers.
- Veggie sticks with dip – Cut up some carrots, celery, and cucumbers and serve them with a dip like hummus or ranch dressing. This is a healthy snack option that most kids will love.
- Cheese and crackers – Kids love to snack on cheese and crackers. You can mix it up by offering different types of cheese and crackers.
- Mini hot dogs – Cocktail franks in dinner rolls make for the cutest mini hot dogs!
- Nachos – Serve up a tray of nachos or tortilla chips with favourite toppings such as cheese, salsa, meat and sour cream.
- Charcuterie cups – Make mini charcuterie platters in disposable cups. Add a couple of slices of rolled-up cured meats, cheese cubes, veggie sticks and dip for a fun single-serve take-and-go alternative.
- Hard-boiled eggs – The simple hard-boiled egg can be a favourite for many kids, plus it’s a good one if you’re looking for easy healthy food ideas.
Simple Recipes For Savoury Party Snacks
If you are looking for more ideas to try for easy finger food ideas and savoury or salty snacks, here are some savoury fun foods you can make, that kids of all ages will love:
These 4 ingredient pizza scrolls can be made bite-sized for finger food instead of the usual lunch box size and are great options for make-ahead children’s party food.
Chicken Sausage Rolls
These chicken sausage rolls are a slightly healthier option to the usual store-bought version, with some sneaky veggies loaded into puff pastry.
Puff Pastry Pizza Wheel
This puff pasty pizza wheel recipe is sure to be a party favourite and a hit with guests of all ages. Loaded with flavour and teamed with a simple dipping sauce. Yum!
Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
Pizza rolls bring together two party food favourites – pizza and sausage rolls in this easy-to-make air fryer recipe. They can be served hot or made the day before and serve cold.
Combine two simple favourites – pizza and quesadillas into a pizzadilla! This is a great idea for a simple party food that kids can grab and go.
Sweet Finger Foods for Kids Parties
- Fruit pizza – Create a fruit pizza for a sweet twist. You can make mini fruit pizzas or slice up a full-size sweet pizza into kid-size slices.
- Chocolate Fondue – Set up a chocolate fondue station with fruit, mini marshmallows, Graham crackers and other snacks that are great for dipping along with some small skewers so the kids can dip in the chocolate. This can get messy but it’s so much fun!
- Fruit skewers – Cut up some fresh fruit like strawberries, pineapple, and grapes and put them on skewers. These fruit kabobs are healthy party snacks for kids that are also visually appealing.
- Ice cream cones – Get a tub of ice cream and some ice cream cones, add a scoop or two and roll it in a bowl of sprinkles for a really quick, easy and child’s birthday party favourite!
- Chocolate dipped pretzels – We made white chocolate pretzels for our Captain America dessert platter but you can do any type of chocolate. There’s something so good about that sweet and salty mix!
- Chocolate chip cookies – You can use your own favourite recipe or buy ready-made dough for cookies that are perfect for a sweet platter.
Sweet Snack Recipes For Birthday Parties
These easy finger food ideas that cater to the sweet tooth are sure to be kids’ party favourites with a few indulgent treats combined with some savoury and healthy party snacks for kids.
Fairy Bread Lamingtons
Indulge in the perfect fusion of Australia’s two classic kid’s party treats with these rainbow fairy bread lamingtons.
Combine two favourites with these Oreo Brownies – a simple fudgey brownie recipe made even better with pieces of Oreo. A must for your next birthday party dessert table!
Cake Batter Dip
This 4 ingredient cake batter dip is fun for dipping pretzel sticks, biscuits, Graham crackers and anything else you like.
If you’re looking for healthy birthday party snacks, these apple nachos are a fun way to enjoy a healthy sweet treat with apple slices topped with the drizzle and toppings of your choice. An easy party treat that ticks the box for healthy food ideas.
Popcorn Ball Ice Cream Cones
These popcorn ball ice cream cones are extra indulgent but so much fun! They might even make great party favours for guests to take home.
Birthday Cake Crumbl Cookies
These copycat birthday cake crumbl cookies with sprinkles are a fun addition to your party snack table!
White Chocolate Crackles
These white chocolate crackles are so easy to make with just 4 simple ingredients and are popular with adults and kids alike!
Anything with sprinkles makes food more fun and these funfetti cookies are exactly that!
Chocolate Orange Slices
These chocolate orange slices are a fun way to add an indulgent twist to candied orange slices, with dark chocolate, and sea salt (but maybe skip the nuts depending on allergies).
Turkish Delight Slice
This easy no-bake slice recipe can be made with any candy mix-ins – Turkish Delight, Crunchie, mini Mars Bars, M&Ms. Anything you can think of and it’s so easy to make! We are always experimenting with different flavour combinations.
Homemade Cereal Bars
These homemade cereal bars combine five ingredients, including cereals, honey, sunflower seed butter and white chocolate.
Hot Cocoa Bombs
Make these white chocolate hot cocoa bombs before the party and serve the kids the most delicious dessert in a mug! This is the most fun way to have hot cocoa and it’s a fun activity for winter parties. You could even make them at the party for a fun activity that kids can take home at the end.
Rice Krispies & Fruit Kabobs
These fruit kabobs come with a twist with mini Rice Krispie treats to make them even more fun for kids.
This unicorn popcorn with white chocolate and sprinkles is sure to be the perfect kid’s party snack for a unicorn party or princess party. How cute but could just as easily be repurposed in different themed popcorn bags.
Oreo Cheesecake Cake Bars
These Oreo cheesecake bars are a favourite in our house! While I personally don’t love cheesecake, this is a treat that never lasts long because it’s so delicious! This is a hit for adult parties too!
Rainbow Jelly Cups
No matter the theme, jelly cups are always one of the first things that kids grab when we have them for kids’ parties. And these rainbow jelly cups were easier to make than you might think. Check out the video here.
PB & J Pinwheel Sandwich Kabobs
These sweet pinwheel sandwich kabobs are far more fun than serving up a tray of sandwiches for the kids. Just be sure there’s no one with allergies before using peanut butter though. This is a creative way to get kids to eat something other than treats without being a lot of work!
Fairy Bread Sandwiches
Aussie kids love fairy bread. It’s one of those strange foods that most people outside of Australia don’t quite understand so these fairy bread sandwiches are a fun variation with jam in the centre. Use a cute cookie cutter for different shapes.
Rainbow Fruit Dip
This cute rainbow fruit dip with a pink lemonade rainbow swirl pairs perfectly with fruit or graham crackers.
Rainbow Rice Krispy Treats
These sprinkles and white chocolate-dipped Rice Krispy treats are sure to be a fun kids’ party treat. You can use food colouring to theme them to your birthday party theme too.
Planning the perfect balance of healthy, sweet and savoury birthday party finger food for a children’s party doesn’t need to be complicated! Keep it simple and you’re no doubt going to have an enjoyable celebration!
So whether you’re looking for kids birthday party finger food ideas or kids party snacks you can make at home, these ideas are sure to keep the kids happy!
Get more party planning tips and ideas:
- How to plan a kid’s birthday party
- The best kids birthday party games & activities
- Party bag alternatives that aren’t candy
- Cool entertainment ideas for children’s parties
- Birthday treats for school that aren’t cupcakes
- Lunch party food ideas
- How to plan a party for adults
- Party theme ideas for kids
- Party theme ideas for adults
- Fun things to do on your birthday
- Gift ideas for active kids
- Easy birthday party snacks for kids
- Toy story birthday party ideas
- Trolls birthday party ideas
- Bluey birthday party ideas
- LEGO birthday party ideas
- Marvel superheroes birthday party
- Fun activities for kids at home
- Fun activities to do in the backyard
- Practical gift ideas for kids
- Experience gift ideas for kids
- Creative play ideas for kids
- Peppa Pig party ideas
- Pokemon birthday party ideas
Save this to Pinterest for later