This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure
These Unicorn Rice Krispie treats are the perfect birthday party treat, made with marshmallows and puffed rice cereal, with a rainbow of sprinkles. Dipped in white chocolate with extra sprinkles on top, they are a perfect way to taste the rainbow and delight kids of all ages!
Rice Krispie treats are a popular party treat, easy to make with their no-bake method and loaded up with sweet flavours, that isn’t overpowering.
The best thing is you can create them to suit any theme very easily, such as these unicorn Rice Krispie bars that are pink with the added rainbow of 100s and 1000s.
These unicorn treat bars are a dessert made for sharing, whether they form part of your birthday party dessert table or make a fun, eye-catching plate to take to an event.
This is one of our favourite Rice Bubble recipes to make at home.
Unicorn Rice Krispie Treats INGREDIENTS
To make these Unicorn Rice Krispie treats, you need only a few ingredients on hand:
- You will need 5 cups of puffed rice cereal. Either Rice Bubbles or Rice Krispies are perfect (they are also the same thing, depending on where you live).
- You need 1 large bag of pink marshmallows. This is what holds together your Rice Krispie treats. By using pink marshmallows, you will get a pink slice, however, you can substitute with white marshmallows instead and use a few drops of pink food colouring to get the pink shade.
- You will also need 1 pack of white chocolate melts. These are melted and used for dipping your unicorn treats to make them look extra fancy.
- And, the final ingredient is 100s and 1000s or rainbow coloured sprinkles. Dip your bars straight into the sprinkles before your chocolate sets to give them a beautiful rainbow look. You can use a single colour sprinkles instead if you are going for a different themed look.
tips for making the bars
Recipes with marshmallow can be sticky business. Especially when you are trying to get your mixture to stay firm in your baking tray. They need to be pressed firmly into the tray to avoid a crumbly mess.
Here are my favourite tips to make this easier (and to help you avoid ending up with sticky marshmallow mixture up your arms):
- Once your mixture is poured into the pan, spray your hands with cooking oil spray
- This will allow you to press down on your mixture without them sticking to your hands
- Use your hands to firmly press your mixture into the tray, right to the corners to ensure it is tightly packed
HOW TO STORE THE UNICORN BARS
These unicorn Rice Bubble bars are best kept in the refrigerator in an airtight container. This stops the chocolate melting. They will keep fresh in the fridge for about a week (although it’s unlikely they will last that long!)
You may also love these recipes:
- White chocolate crackles
- Healthy Chocolate Rice Bubble Slice
- No-bake Turkish Delight Slice
- Easy chocolate coconut slice
- White chocolate marshmallow fudge
- Mint Aero Chocolate Slice
- Chocolate bark
- 5 cups of puffed rice cereal
- 175g pink marshmallows
- White chocolate melts
- 2 tbs butter
- Sprinkles or 100s & 1000s
- Prepare a 20 x 20cm slice tray and set aside.
- Add Rice Bubbles and sprinkles to a large bowl. Mix well.
- Add butter to a medium saucepan, over medium to high heat. Once butter is melted, stir in marshmallows until melted.
- Pour marshmallow mixture over Rice Bubbles and combine well with a wooden spoon.
- Pour mixture into prepared slice tray. Spray your hands with non-stick cooking spray and press mixture firmly into the tray, ensuring an even layer.
- Place tray into refrigerator and allow to chill for at least half an hour. Once cooled, cut into squares.
- Add white chocolate to a microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until melted.
- Dip Rice Bubble bars into melted chocolate and dip into a bowl of sprinkles. Place bars upright on a tray and chill to set chocolate.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days on the bench. Enjoy!
If you do not have pink marshmallows, you can instead add a few drops of pink food colouring to get a similar pink colour for your Rice Krispie treats.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.