This delicious no-bake Mint Aero Rice Bubble Slice is the perfect treat for mint chocolate fans. Crunchy, with extra mint flavours, plus your favourite Mint Aero chocolate to top things off. This decadent mint Aero slice is easy to make and popular for sharing! If you can bring yourself to share…
Nestle’s Mint Aero chocolate has always been my favourite. I can easily devour a whole block in a day if no one is looking. It rarely makes it long enough to share with the rest of the family. That goes for any mint chocolate treats really. It’s my sweet tooth weakness.
However, this Mint Aero traybake slice is a dessert definitely made for sharing and has been a hit with family and friends! Even if I wish I’d kept it a secret all to myself!
This one is right up there with our favourite no-bake Oreo cheesecake slice recipe.
Check out more of our favourite easy to make Rice Bubble recipes.
No-Bake Mint Aero Rice Bubble Slice Ingredients
To make this Aero slice, you need to be prepared to part with blocks of your favourite Aero chocolate bars! This almost brought me to tears… joking! It’s worth it!
- You will need 2 blocks of Nestle Mint Aero, although you can substitute for an alternative mint chocolate block, such as Cadbury Mint Bubbly or a peppermint chocolate block.
- You also need 1 block of white cooking chocolate or a bag of white chocolate melts. This is what holds together your Rice Bubbles into a slice. Traditional Rice Krispie treats use melted marshmallows to do this or you could try copha. I prefer to use chocolate, such as with my white chocolate crackles. Chocolate is a flavour I like best, but you could absolutely experiment.
Or you could try a healthier alternative, such as my healthy chocolate Rice Bubble slice recipe, topped with melted Aero. It won’t be completely healthy, but it is a lower sugar alternative to this recipe.
- You will also need 4 cups of Rice Bubbles or Rice Krispies. You can substitute this with any puffed rice cereal.
- For the extra minty flavours through the Rice Bubbles, use either peppermint essence or a peppermint extract. I used Doterra peppermint essential oil, which is food-safe essential oil.
- And, the final ingredient is completely optional but looks really cool – green food colouring!
How To Store the Mint aero Slice
This mint Aero slice with Rice Bubbles is best kept in the refrigerator in an airtight container since you don’t want your chocolate melting. They will keep fresh in the fridge for about a week (although I don’t think they’ll last this long before they are all gone!)
You may also love these recipes:
- No-bake chocolate peppermint balls
- White chocolate crackles
- Healthy Chocolate Rice Bubble Slice
- No-bake Turkish Delight & Cherry Ripe Slice
- Easy chocolate coconut slice
- White chocolate marshmallow fudge
- Unicorn Rice Krispie treats
- 4 cups Rice Bubbles
- 1 block white cooking chocolate
- 3 drops Peppermint extract
- 4 drops green food colouring
- 2 large blocks Nestle Aero mint chocolate
- Prepare a 20 x 20cm slice tray and set aside.
- Break apart block of white chocolate and add to a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until melted.
- Add Rice Bubbles to a large bowl and mix in white chocolate, stirring well.
- Add peppermint extract and green food colouring. Mix well. Add extra food colouring until you reach your desired colour.
- Pour mixture into prepared tray and press firmly, until even. Use non-stick cooking oil on your hands to prevent sticking.
- Break apart Aero blocks into small pieces and add to a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second increments, stirring in between, until melted. You may need to do this in batches if your bowl is small.
- Pour melted Aero over the top of your Rice Bubbles and spread evenly.
- Place the tray in the refrigerator until chocolate has set. Cut your slice into squares and serve.
Instead of using peppermint extract, you can use peppermint essence. Either works just as well. I used food-grade Doterra peppermint essential oil for my recipe, as this is what I had on hand.