White chocolate crackles are an easy no-bake dessert that you can make quickly! A perfect kid’s party treat or fun dessert recipe to make together at home. This puffed rice cereal treat is a white chocolate twist on a classic treat recipe. A sweet treat that will please all ages, crackles with white chocolate are a winner!
If you want a treat that tastes indulgent but is loaded up with good stuff instead, my healthy chocolate rice bubble slice tastes like traditional chocolate crackles but none of the naughty stuff! Yet another must-try rice bubbles recipe without copha!
WHITE CHOCOLATE CRACKLES RECIPE
Easy no-bake treats are always a winner, and sometimes the magic happens almost by accident! Around the time of my daughter’s 6th birthday party, I realised I hadn’t planned the party food.
I decided to make a couple of favourites from my own childhood… except things did not go to plan, and instead we ended up with white chocolate crackles instead… and it was amazing!
Find all of our favourite Rice Bubble recipes and sweet treats. Don’t just stop at these crackles… a whole world of puffed cereal goodness awaits!
My original goal was to throw together a batch of chocolate crackles. I had made them once before years ago, maybe for a different birthday party. Honestly, I didn’t love them all that much as a kid, but I know most kids do, so it seemed like a good choice.
I put together my online groceries order, because time was crazy enough without a trip to the grocery store. Except one of the essential ingredients didn’t arrive – the copha!
Oh, dear! I didn’t have time to head in-store, so instead, we set about creating chocolate crackles without copha.
But then we had a second challenge. No copha meant we really needed to use actual melted chocolate instead of cocoa. But I was short on milk chocolate melts.
See where this is going… mum of the year, total disorganisation!
You know what I did have though… a bag of white chocolate melts! That’ll work! So that is how this white chocolate crackles recipe came to be! And let me tell you, it was the best accident ever because they are THE BEST!
Because white chocolate crackles with real chocolate… You CAN’T go wrong!
Oh, and did I mention there are only 4 ingredients? Yep. So simple!
Check out more sweet treat recipes:
- Healthy chocolate crackle slice
- Turkish delight slice
- White chocolate rice bubble Christmas trees
- Rum balls
- Fool-proof pavlova
- White chocolate fudge with marshmallow fluff
- Unicorn Rice Krispie treats
- White chocolate hot cocoa bombs
The recipe makes around 24 white chocolate crackles without copha, depending on the size of your cupcake cases. It is easy to double up the ingredients if you want to make a larger batch.
How To Make White Chocolate Crackles
These are so easy to make that you can throw a batch together in about 10 minutes total, from start to finish! It is a great recipe to make with the kids too since they can help you stir and spoon the mixture into the cases.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Melt white chocolate melts or block of white cooking chocolate in a heatproof bowl in the microwave. Microwave 100g at a time for 30 seconds then stir and repeat until melted. Alternatively, use a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of boiling water on the stovetop.
- Mix melted white chocolate through your dry ingredients.
- Spoon into cupcake cases. Add any extra decorations on top.
- Keep refrigerated to avoid them melting, stored in an airtight container. Enjoy!!
One of the best things about this recipe is how easy it is to decorate them to suit any theme or colour scheme. This is a simple recipe that can be adapted to suit birthday parties, baby showers and any other special event with a little decoration or colour.
Here are some easy decorating ideas for chocolate crackles:
- Sprinkles or coloured candies for birthday parties
- Pink marshmallows for baby girl shower
- Blue food colouring or mini M&Ms for baby boy shower
- Green food colouring and crushed candy cane for Christmas parties
- Bright coloured candies for Easter
- Add a drizzle of milk chocolate
Storing Chocolate Crackles
These white chocolate crackles can be stored in an airtight container on the bench in cooler weather or in the refrigerator when it is warmer.
They will keep for up to a week, or longer in the refrigerator. Although it’s unlikely you will have any left by then!
No Copha Crackles
And if you are like me, you may have even asked what is copha! Seriously, I had no clue even though I have used it before. It is essentially a vegetable fat shortening made from hydrogenated coconut oil. Huh??
This recipe can also be a no copha alternative for White Christmas, by just mixing in your dried fruit and glacier cherries on top. YUM!
It is 100% fat, with at least 98% of it being saturated fat. Here’s a great summary of the pros and cons of different types of fats.
Personally, melted chocolate sounds far more appealing and from a kid who didn’t love chocolate crackles, I can’t get enough of white chocolate crackles! So good. They don’t last long in our household!
Plus for the adults, they feel a little fancier than the typical milk chocolate crackles too. You’re welcome!
Related Reading: Unique kids party ideas
- 2 cups of rice bubbles cereal
- 1/2 cup of desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 200g white chocolate melts
- Mini cupcake cases
- Optional: lollies sprinkles, marshmallows etc for decorating
- Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl
- Melt white chocolate in heatproof bowl. I use the microwave to do this in batches of 100g at a time. Microwave for 30 seconds then stir, and repeat until melted. Alternatively use a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of boiling water on the stovetop.
- Mix melted white chocolate through your dry ingredients.
- Spoon into cupcake cases and add any decorations on top.
- Refrigerate for at least 60 minutes to set. Keep refrigerated to avoid them melting, stored in an airtight container. Enjoy!!
Take care melting your chocolate as easily burns. Keep microwave times to no longer than 30 seconds and stir between microwaving as the chocolate will melt as you stir.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 72Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 29mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 0gSugar: 8gProtein: 1g
These figures are a guide only and may differ depending on the products you use.