This simple pavlova recipe only requires 4 ingredients and is easy to make!
As an Australian, I grew up loving pavlova as the go to dessert for any occasion. I was also told it was a tough one to master, but taught myself pretty early to make an awesome pavlova.
SIMPLE 4 INGREDIENT PAVLOVA
My go to simple 4 ingredient pavlova is pretty easy to master… But I’ve had a few disasters over the years too. Once I made something that resembled a meringue pancake after my mixer died mid mix. Eeeek! Plus a super hot fan forced oven for the past 5 years meant lots of marshmallow, little crunch. But hello shiny new oven!
- White chocolate crackles
- Healthy chocolate rice bubble slice
- Potato loaf
- Mango, banana & yogurt muffins
- Greek yogurt fruit bark
Tips For Making A Pavlova
There are keys to pavlova success though:
Slow oven (low heat) to get the signature crunch
Have a good electric mixer and mix til stiff & glossy
Fresh eggs and be very careful separating egg whites
Leave to cool in oven as sudden temperature change can cause it to crack
How To Make Pavlova
- 5 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 cup caster sugar
Simple Pavlova Recipe
- Pre-heat oven to 120 degrees Celsius. Line round baking tray with baking paper.
- Separate egg whites into clean, large bowl and mix until soft peaks form.
- Mix in cornflour, vinegar or lemon juice and caster sugar and best until stiff glossy peaks form. This usually takes around 10 minutes.
- Spread mix in circle shape on tray, using spatula to create peaks around edges.
- Bake in low oven for 1 and a half hours or until dry to touch.
- Leave pavlova in oven to cool, with door slightly ajar.
- Top with whipped cream and your choice of filling, such as fresh fruit, chocolate, or mint. My grapes and Cadbury flake mix was a little strange but did the job. Fresh strawberries is always a winner.
What is your favourite dessert?