Oreo brownies bring the perfect combination of chewy brownies with the extra crunch of Oreo cookies. These rich chocolate brownies with Oreos are easy to make and aim to please! Once you’ve had these fudgy Oreo brownies, with extra chocolate, you won’t want to go back to plain brownies ever again!
If you are an Oreo fan, you no doubt love any new way to enjoy your favourite cookies! And these brownies sure do tick all the boxes. Although, while we are talking Oreo desserts, don’t forget to check out my no-bake Oreo cheesecake bars too. Oh my… they are amazing!
Okay, back to brownies! Let’s see how to make these decadent, fudgy brownies!
- Melted butter
- Plain flour (The recipe uses 1 cup of flour, but if you want your brownies even fudgier… drop it down to half or 3/4 a cup instead)
- White granulated sugar
- Vanilla essence
- Baking powder
- Milk chocolate chips
- Oreos (You’ll need at least 20 cookies… or more if you want!)
The printable recipe card with a FULL ingredients list and detailed instructions can be found at the bottom of this post.
How To Make Oreo Brownies
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. (Find temperature conversions). Line a brownie pan with baking paper and set aside.
- Melt butter then in a large bowl, mix in flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, salt, eggs, chocolate chips and vanilla and combine.
- Pour half of the brownie batter into the pan. Place Oreos on top of brownie mix and press down slightly.
- Pour the remaining mixture over the Oreos. Top with broken Oreo pieces… as many as you would like.
- Bake for approximately 25 to 30 minutes, or until the centre is no longer runny.
- Cut into squares and serve.
Tips & Tricks
- For moist, fudgy brownies, reduce the amount of flour you use to half a cup or 3/4 a cup instead of using a full cup. Alternatively, if you want more of a chocolate cake density, use 1 and a half cups of flour instead.
- To confirm if your brownies are cooked enough, the centre should no longer be runny. You can tell this by whether it jiggles if you shake the tray.
- If your brownies are still a little, soft this is okay, as you don’t want to overcook them. But you also don’t want chocolate sauce!
- If the centre isn’t moving when you shake them, test with a toothpick or knife to see if it comes out mostly clean.
The chocolate chips aren’t essential for this recipe. It still tastes great without them. We’ve had to omit them once or twice when realising we had none in the house. Oops! But they do give it that extra fudgy brownie taste.
- Instead of milk chocolate, try dark chocolate chips or white chocolate chips. Both are amazing options!
- Swap out original Oreos for strawberry or double chocolate flavour.
- Or mix in walnuts or macadamia nuts for some extra crunchiness!
How To Store Oreo Brownies
To store your brownies, keep them in an airtight container on the bench for up to 3 days, or keep them in the refrigerator for up to one week.
If you wish to freezer the brownies, they will freeze for up to 2 months. Simply defrost and enjoy!
In fact, they taste great microwaved from frozen with a dollop of ice cream on top for a quick midweek dessert idea!
If you try this recipe, let me know what you think! Leave a comment below or a rating and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram. I would love to see!
More Slice & Bar Recipes To Try!
- 250g butter, melted
- 1 cup plain flour (see notes)
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 20 Oreos
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup choc chips
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line a square brownie pan with baking paper and set aside.
- Melt butter then mix in flour, sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla essence, eggs, baking powder, salt and chocolate chips.
- Pour half of the mixture into the prepared pan and add a layer of Oreo cookies on top.
- Pour the remaining mixture over the Oreos, then add broken Oreo pieces over the top.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until cooked.
- Once cooled, cut into squares and enjoy.
Tip: For really fudgy, moist brownies, reduce the amount of flour to half or 3/4 a cup instead of using a full cup.
Optional: Instead of milk chocolate chips, mix in dark chocolate or white chocolate chips instead or add walnuts for extra crunch.
To Store: Store brownies in an airtight container for up to 3 days. They can also be frozen for up to 2 months.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 277Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 340mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 3g
These figures are provided as an approximate guide only.