This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure
Love Greek-style gyros? You will love them even more with this air fryer steak gyros recipe! This recipe is easy to make and will satisfy your hunger as it tastes delicious! Enjoy this beef gyros dish with a creamy tzatziki sauce that’s made from scratch!
If you’ve never had steak gyros before, it is delicious! The beef in this air fryer steak gyros recipe is tender and just melts in your mouth.
Topped off with homemade tzatziki sauce, this is a dish that will make you feel like you’re in Greece!
AIR FRYER STEAK GYROS WITH HOMEMADE TZATZIKI SAUCE
One of my favourite things to do in the kitchen is to convert favourite recipes into simple air fryer recipes and this beef gyros recipe is no exception!
This air fryer steak gyros recipe is full of flavour! The simple Greek seasoning for the meat enhances the flavours perfectly, along with just a few common ingredients.
You are going to love the flavours in this dish, especially when you drizzle some homemade tzatziki sauce on top.
Helpful Tip – You can recreate this recipe with a more traditional filling of shaved lamb instead or try chicken for some fun varieties!
This air fryer steak gyros recipe is perfect when you want a quick and easy dinner. It’s also great for when you’re in a hurry, or when you need something to make for your family.
And it’s an excellent meal when you’re on a budget!
How To Make Air Fryer Beef Gyros
For air fryer steak gyros, you will need shaved steak, oil, Greek seasoning, pita bread, onion and lettuce.
1. In a medium-sized bowl, mix together steak, oil, and Greek seasoning. Any Greek seasoning is fine or make your own version with this Greek seasoning recipe.
2. Line the air fryer with aluminium foil to keep all the seasoning and juice in the meat. This will make it moist and flavoursome!
3. Add in your seasoned steak to the foil and cook at 200 degrees C (380F) for 8-10 minutes, depending on how well done you prefer your steak.
4. While cooking, slice the onion thinly. Either white or purple are great for this recipe.
5. Once your steak is cooked to your preference, assemble your gyro by either cutting your pita bread in half and stuffing it or by rolling your filling up inside it. Add lettuce first, top with steak and onion, followed by tzatziki sauce on top.
6. Serve with fries or a side salad or simply enjoy your gyros on their own!
The printable recipe card with a FULL ingredients list and detailed instructions can be found at the bottom of this post.
How To Make Homemade Tzatziki Sauce
For the tzatziki sauce, you will need cucumber, Greek yogurt, garlic, dill, white pepper and salt.
- Peel and cut the cucumber in half, length-wise. Use a spoon to remove the seeds from the inside of the cucumber then dice them into small pieces.
- Add cucumber to a food processor or a blender and puree. Transfer to a clean dish towel or cheesecloth and squeeze out as much of the moisture as possible before setting aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the remaining sauce ingredients with the exception of the salt and mix well.
- Add in a small amount of salt until you reach your preferred flavour.
If you like to mix it up a little, there are plenty of ways you can personalise this steak gyros air fryer recipe! In fact, you don’t even have to use steak.
If you prefer, use traditional lamb instead or chicken. Or you can add all three for a perfect combination of flavour!
You may also like to add other traditional gyros fillings such as tomato and other types of salad fillings.
Instead of tzatziki sauce, you can add your favourite condiments and sauces such as barbeque sauce or chilli sauce.
These steak gyros are the perfect addition to your weekly meal plan on those nights when you don’t want to spend long cooking in the kitchen!
FAQS & TIPS
How do you pronounce gyros?
The word Gyros comes from the Greek word for “spin,”. To pronounce gyros, it would be “yee-ros” or “yee-ro” for a single gyro.
What is Greek seasoning?
Greek seasoning typically includes the following: oregano, basil, onion, powder, dill, garlic powder, salt and black pepper. You can purchase pre-made Greek seasoning from most supermarkets.
Try these simple dinner ideas:
- Air fryer Ceasar salad wraps
- Air fryer chicken Kiev balls
- Lemon garlic prawns
- Air fryer coconut prawns
- Mexican potato casserole
- Oven baked frittata
- Beginner air fryer recipes
- Freezer cooking recipe ideas
- Recipes with Greek yogurt
- 500g shaved beef steak (1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon oil, vegetable, canola, or olive
- 2 tablespoons Greek Seasoning
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 3 pita breads
- Lettuce (optional)
- 1 cucumber
- 1 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dill, dry or fresh
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Pinch of salt to taste (optional)
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together steak, oil, and Greek seasoning.
- Line the air fryer with aluminium foil.
- Add seasoned steak to the air fryer. Cook at 200 degrees C (380F) for 8-10 minutes depending on how well done you prefer your steak.
- While this is cooking, slice the onion and season with extra Greek seasoning.
- Once the steak is cooked to your preference, assemble the gyros by either rolling ingredients inside or cutting the pita in half and stuffing them.
- Serve with fries or salad! Enjoy!
For Tzaziki Sauce
- Peel and cut the cucumber in half, lengthwise. Remove all of the seeds from the inside using a spoon and dice into small pieces.
- Transfer to a food processor or blender and puree the cucumber. Transfer to a clean dishtowel or cheesecloth and squeeze out as much of the moisture as possible. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add cucumber, yogurt, garlic, dill and pepper. Mix well. Add in a small amount of salt until you reach your preferred saltiness.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 794Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 167mgSodium: 3558mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 5gSugar: 8gProtein: 63g
These figures are provided as an approximate guide only.
Love It? Pin It