A Crispy Chicken Caesar Wrap is a crowd favourite and this simple air fryer Caesar wrap recipe is sure to become a favourite. Air fried crispy chicken, salad, Parmesan cheese and delicious Caesar dressing wrapped in a flour tortilla for a quick and easy lunch idea. It even has crunchy croutons to complete the Caesar salad flavours you love!
AIR FRYER CRISPY CAESAR CHICKEN WRAPS
This air fryer crispy Caesar salad wrap with chicken is the perfect air fryer recipe for beginners, transforming strips of chicken breast into crispy seasoned breaded chicken strips.
The crispy chicken strips can easily be used for other recipes as well, such as making a traditional chicken Caesar salad as a side dish or main meal, for topping salads, filling wraps or sandwiches or even on their own, making this a perfect recipe to have in your air fryer repertoire.
TIP: Or for a seafood twist, switch out your crispy chicken strips for air fryer calamari instead for a calamari Caesar wrap!
This chicken Caesar salad wrap recipe is a perfect light lunch or dinner. It is also a great lunch box recipe for taking to work or school!
What You Will Need
You can easily make this air fryer chicken Ceasar wrap recipe in under half an hour with a few essential ingredients:
- Eggs, flour & cornstarch – The essential ingredients to create your crispy chicken batter.
- Caesar dressing – Any supermarket Caesar dressing will work!
- Shredded parmesan cheese – Parmesan cheese can be purchased in a block and shaved or purchase it pre-shaved or grated in a packet.
- All-purpose seasoning – All purpose seasoning will add delicious flavour to your air fried chicken pieces. We like to use Masterfoods All-Purpose seasoning here in Australia, however Nature’s Seasoning is a great international option. Otherwise, add a combination of garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper to make your own homemade seasoning.
- Croutons – Crunchy croutons are a key ingredient with any Caesar salad, and wraps are no exception. You can purchase croutons at the supermarket or make your own homemade croutons easily.
- Lettuce – Romaine lettuce is perfect for Caesar salad and wraps however you can use any type of lettuce. Cos or iceberg lettuce are both great options as well! Make sure your lettuce is fresh and crisp to add to the crunch of your wrap.
- Large tortillas – Use flour burrito tortillas as they are typically larger and will hold more. This way you can fold your Caesar chicken wraps in a burrito style to prevent anything falling out the bottom.
How To Make Air Fryer Chicken Caesar Wraps
STEP ONE- Prepare the chicken breast by cutting it into strips.
STEP TWO – In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch and seasoning.
STEP THREE – In a second bowl, beat the eggs until well combined.
STEP FOUR – Roll each chicken strip in the flour mixture, followed by the egg mixture and then back into the flour mixture, coating the chicken strips well with each process.
STEP FIVE – Place the coated chicken strips in the air fryer basket in a single layer and spray with cooking oil. Cook on 190C (380F) for 8 minutes. Turn chicken strips and cook for a further 3 minutes until golden and crispy.
Putting The Caesar Wraps Together
While your crispy chicken strips are cooking in the air fryer, wash and chop the lettuce and add to a bowl with caesar salad dressing, cheese and croutons.
Spoon approximately 1/2 cup of salad mixture and 3-4 chicken strips onto a flour tortilla. Roll the tortilla wrap burrito-style and serve. Enjoy!
The printable recipe card with a FULL ingredients list and detailed instructions can be found at the bottom of this post.
Alternative Idea – Crispy Chicken Caesar Salad
If you love chicken Caesar salad and would rather skip the tortilla wrap, you can easily turn this recipe into your favourite chicken salad. Simple dice up your chicken strips into smaller chicken pieces and add to a bowl with your lettuce, croutons, dressing and cheese instead.
This air fryer chicken Caesar salad alternative is quick and easy to make and perfect served as a light lunch idea or with a side dish for dinner. And no spice means it is completely kid-friendly too!
Storing Crispy Chicken Caesar Wraps
These Caesar salad wraps are great for making ahead and can be stored in an airtight container in your refrigerator for up to two days. This makes them a great option for lunch boxes as well for adults and kids.
If you are concerned about your lettuce and croutons getting soggy, you can always leave out these ingredients until you are ready to eat them.
You can also freeze the wraps without the lettuce for up to 3 months. Wrap them in foil or seal in ziplock bags for freezer storage.
FAQS & TIPS
WHAT SEASONING SHOULD I USE?
This recipe works with any all purpose seasoning, such as Masterfoods All Purpose Seasoning or Nature’s Seasoning. Or create your own seasoning mix using salt, pepper, garlic seasoning and paprika. You can add a little extra spice if you want your chicken to be spicy.
CAN I MAKE A SPICY CHICKEN CAESAR WRAP?
Yes! If you want to make this a spicy chicken wrap recipe, you can add chilli powder or paprika to your crispy chicken seasoning to add some extra spice.
CAN YOU FREEZE CHICKEN CAESAR WRAPS?
Yes. These chicken wraps are great for freezing for up to 3 months. Leave out the lettuce and add it once thawed. This will prevent soggy lettuce and ensure your wraps maintain their crispy, crunchy texture.
- 1 chicken breast
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 1/2 cup of cornstarch
- 1/4 cup of Caesar dressing
- 1/2 cup of shaved parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons of all-purpose seasoning
- 1 cup of croutons
- 1 head of lettuce
- 3 burrito size tortillas
- Prepare the chicken breast by cutting it into strips.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch and seasoning.
- In a second bowl, beat the eggs until well combined.
- Roll each chicken strip in the flour mixture, followed by the egg mixture and then back into the flour mixture, coating the chicken strips well with each process.
- Place the coated chicken strips in the air fryer basket in a single layer and spray with cooking oil. Cook on 190C (380F) for 8 minutes. Turn chicken strips and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, wash and chop the lettuce into strips. Add to a bowl with caesar dressing, cheese and croutons.
- Spoon approximately 1/2 cup of salad mixture and 3-4 chicken strips onto each flour tortilla. Roll the tortilla wrap burrito-style and serve.
These Caesar salad wraps are great for making ahead and can be stored in an airtight container in your refrigerator for up to two days. You can also freeze the wraps, however leave the lettuce out when freezing and add it before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1185Total Fat: 42gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 210mgSodium: 3464mgCarbohydrates: 152gFiber: 17gSugar: 9gProtein: 51g
These figures are provided as an approximate guide only.
Love It? Pin It