Who doesn’t love delicious slow-cooked pork as part of their dinner rotation? But what do you do with all the leftover pulled pork? These creative recipe ideas are the perfect option for what to do with leftover pulled pork to turn your extra meat into a whole new meal idea the whole family will love!
What To Do With Leftover Pulled Pork
Pulled pork is the type of leftover you can easily repurpose into multiple meals and turn a single meal into several over two or more nights. There are so many ways you can mix things up for simple meal ideas beyond the simple pulled pork sandwiches.
If you need an easy pulled pork recipe, check out this simple slow cooker pulled pork with cola for an almost set and forget dinner. And check out these delicious side dishes to serve with pulled pork as well!
How To Reheat Pulled Pork
If you want to keep it really simple and enjoy your warmed up leftover pulled pork on it’s own or on a sandwich, it’s important to know how to reheat pulled pork without drying it out.
One of the easiest ways to reheat pulled pork is in the oven. Pre-heat your oven to 110C (225F). Lay out your pulled pork on a prepared oven dish or tray.
Add a drizzle of moisture such as apple cider vinegar, apple juice, leftover cooking juices or by using a thick BBQ sauce. This will help prevent your pulled pork from drying out. Cover with aluminium foil to lock in the moisture.
Allow it to cook for around 30 minutes or until heated thoroughly. You can use a meat thermometer to check that the internal temperature of the meat is at least 75C (165F) if you are unsure.
Simple Leftover Pulled Pork Ideas
Take your leftover BBQ pulled pork or shredded slow cooker pork into a simple meal idea for lunch the day after, for meal prep freezer meal ideas or another night of dinner with the family. One of the best things about leftover meat is how many great options there are for repurposing it and pork is one of those leftovers that has many yummy options!
You can easily convert your favourite minced meat recipes into pulled pork dishes, but in case you need some simple ideas, check these recipes out:
- Pulled Pork Sliders – Mouth-watering Pulled Pork Sliders made with tender, juicy pulled pork from the slow cooker or Instant Pot, topped with (homemade optional) coleslaw, barbeque sauce, and dill pickles. Includes slider bar suggestion and make-ahead options for game day and parties!
- Pulled Pork Sandwiches – You can’t get much easier than a simple pulled pork sandwich. Especially a pulled pork grilled cheese sandwich. Fresh bread, leftover pork, barbeque sauce and salad or coleslaw will make this a next day lunch idea or a quick next night dinner for the family.
- BBQ Pulled Pork & Pineapple Pizza – One of the best ways to use up leftover pulled pork is homemade pizza. BBQ sauce, pork, pineapple, jalapeños and cheese come together in this recipe to make the most flavorful pizza ever!
- BBQ Pulled Pork Pizza – For a simple pizza combination, check out this pulled pork pizza with swirls of BBQ sauce for a flavour burst.
- Leftover Pulled Pork Cuban Sandwich – Pulled pork Cuban sandwiches are a fantastic way to use up leftover pulled pork. This is my take on these classic South Florida sandwich. This recipe is perfect for a quick weeknight dinner for just one or a whole family.
- Pulled Pork Macaroni and Cheese – If you love to barbecue, then you’re going to love this easy stovetop Pulled Pork Macaroni and Cheese! This is a flavour-packed twist to traditional comfort food mac and cheese that the family is sure to love.
- Sweet Potato Pulled Pork Hash – An absolutely delicious one-skillet Sweet Potato Pulled Pork Hash recipe using leftover pulled pork. Add an egg on top to make this a complete meal!
- Pulled Pork Dip – Pulled pork dip is made with leftover pulled pork, velvety cream cheese, and tangy cheddar. This easy dip comes together in minutes and is perfect for any occasion, such as entertaining friends and family.
- Pizza Scrolls – These pizza scrolls are the perfect lunch box recipe. Just two ingredients to make the dough – Greek yogurt and flour, then add in your pulled pork and other favourite pizza toppings.
- Pulled Pork Shepard’s Pie – Pulled pork Shepard’s pie is the ultimate comfort food and this veggie-loaded, saucy leftover pulled pork version is sure to become a new favourite.
- Keto BBQ Pulled Pork Pizza – With homemade low carb BBQ sauce, this Keto pizza with BBQ pulled pork is a simple way to use up your leftovers while sticking to your keto diet.
- BBQ Pulled Pork Pizza with Asparagus – Use leftover pulled pork to make this BBQ Pulled Pork Pizza with Asparagus in just 20 minutes for an easy, delicious dinner!
- Slow Cooker Brunswick Stew – This delicious and easy Slow Cooker Brunswick Stew is filled with tender pork and chicken, tasty vegetables, all in a savoury sauce. A hearty comfort meal your family will love.
- Southwest Pulled Pork and Potato Bowls – Southwest Pulled Pork and Potato Bowls is a naturally gluten-free comfort food recipe in a bowl. Throw together this simple family dinner with any leftover pulled pork you have on hand, whether it’s BBQ pulled pork or other flavoured pork leftovers.
- BBQ Pulled Pork Egg Rolls – This BBQ Pulled Pork Egg Rolls recipe is packed with delicious pulled pork, tangy bbq sauce, and crispy coleslaw, rolled in an egg roll wrapper, and deep-fried until crispy.
- Pulled Pork Gnocchi – This Pulled Pork Gnocchi features tender pulled pork and potato gnocchi in a butter sauce with sage and pine nuts. Using leftover pulled pork this dish comes together in no time. When you eat the last bite, you’ll already be wishing you had seconds.
Mexican Inspired Leftover Pulled Pork Recipes
Pulled pork is a popular protein option for many Mexican dishes and you can easily add a pulled pork leftover twist to most of them. For Mexican inspired leftover meals, check out these recipes:
- Pulled Pork Nachos – A simple dinner idea or game-day snack, nachos topped with pork leftovers, cheese, sour cream, salsa and anything else you need for your nachos stack. Skip the basic ground beef nachos and make these simple Pulled Pork Nachos instead, with juicy seasoned leftover pork that will for sure be a winner! No nachos in the house? Try making your own air fryer tortilla chips instead.
- Pulled Pork Tacos – You can easily substitute your favourite taco recipes for pulled pork, along with your preferred taco fillings.
- Cheesy Pulled Pork Enchiladas – The smokey enchilada sauce makes these cheesy pulled pork oven enchiladas completely delicious!
- Pulled Pork and Cheese Quesadilla – Pulled pork and cheese quesadilla is a brilliant lunch or dinner option, especially when you need to repurpose pulled pork, chicken or beef leftovers!
- Salsa Verde Pork & Spinach Baked Taquitos – Salsa verde pork & spinach taquitos are a super easy 30-minute weeknight dinner. Try these easy baked taquitos the next time you have a bit of leftover pulled pork to use up!
- Freezer Friendly Pulled Pork Burrito Bowls – Pulled Pork Burrito Bowls are a great way to use leftover pulled pork. This is an easy, freezer-friendly meal you can make ahead for later for the whole family. Freeze the base and add fresh toppings right before eating for a delicious hot lunch or dinner meal prep option.
- Black Bean Pulled Pork Quesadillas – Make Black Bean Pulled Pork Quesadillas with leftover pulled pork in under 30 minutes. Serve with salsa, sour cream, and guacamole. These tasty quesadillas reheat well for lunch the next day, too!
- Air Fryer Stuffed Sweet Potatoes – Load up your baked sweet potatoes with your favourite fillings, including some leftover shredded pork for a quick and simple meal idea or side dish.
- Loaded Sweet Potato Fries – Make your own sweet potato fries in the air fryer then add pulled pork, cheese, sour cream and any other favourite toppings and sauces for the ultimate loaded fries meal.
- Mexican Potato Casserole – If you have a heap of leftover pork, skip the mince in this taco potato bake recipe and use your shredded pork instead. This is a hearty dinner idea or a perfect dish for the table when feeding a crowd.
- BBQ Pork Quesadillas – These easy barbeque pulled pork quesadillas are a twist on classic comfort food with tangy BBQ sauce and pulled pork stuffed between two flour tortillas and covered in ooey gooey cheese!
- Cheesy Pulled Pork Quesadillas – Totally delicious Cheesy Pulled Pork Quesadillas are packed with juicy pulled pork, cheddar cheese, black beans and avocado. A great way to use up leftover pulled pork (is there such a thing?) and a fab lunch or appetiser.
- Pulled Pork Chalupa – Quick and easy pulled pork chalupa with leftover pork is a dinner recipe that is ready in under half an hour, combined with fresh ingredients and loads of flavour.
Healthy Recipes Using Pulled Pork Leftovers
Pork doesn’t always come to mind when planning healthy meal options, however, your leftover pulled pork can be perfect for these healthy recipe ideas. Get inspired with ways to use leftover pulled pork in your healthy meal planning recipes:
- Shredded Pork Salad With Spicy Cilantro Habanero Dressing – This delicious pulled pork salad is packed with tons of flavour and protein, with spicy flavours and plenty of crunch.
- Pulled Pork Sweet Potato Nachos – This healthier alternative to nachos uses sweet potato slices, making this recipe whole 30, gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo and grain-free to tick a lot of special diet boxes.
- Healthy Pulled Pork Meal Prep Bowl – Once you try this macro-friendly bowl of BBQ heaven, complete with a crunchy, creamy southern style coleslaw you will wonder how you could ever think that meal prep is hard! This protein bowl is super easy to put together.
Pulled Pork Breakfast Recipes
If you’re keen to enjoy your leftovers the next morning, there are many great options for pulled pork breakfast ideas that the whole family will enjoy for a big weekend breakfast cook-up or for a big breakfast on school and work mornings before everyone heads off for the day:
- BBQ Pulled Pork Breakfast Bowl – Turn your leftover BBQ pulled pork with scrambled eggs, bacon, onion and potatoes for a delicious next-day breakfast the whole family will enjoy.
- Spicy Pulled Pork Fried Eggs – Add some pork leftovers to your spicy fried breakfast eggs for a healthy, high protein start to the day.
- Pulled Pork Breakfast Hash – This keto-diet friendly breakfast hash is a great low carb meal idea with eggs, spinach, Brussel sprouts and onion.
- Easy Huevos Rancheros – A crispy corn tortilla topped with leftover pulled pork, black beans, sunny side up eggs, avocado slices and ranchero sauce or fresh salsa for a healthy breakfast idea!
- Waffle Pulled Pork Eggs Benedict – Thick, fluffy homemade waffles make the perfect base for this sweet and salty barbeque pulled pork eggs Benedict topped with a simple hollandaise sauce made in the blender.
Get side dish ideas for your favourite dishes: