Hawaiian pizza scrolls are a perfect lunch box filler for kids who love pineapple on their pizza… and for the rest of the family too! These easy-to-make pizza scrolls are quick and easy, and plenty filling too!
Best of all, the pizza scroll dough only uses 2 ingredients!!
Just like my savoury cheese and bacon scrolls and cheesy Vegemite scrolls, this recipe is made from the easiest 2-ingredient dough there is.
All you need is flour and Greek yogurt, and the rest you can make up as you go!
But I am definitely team pineapple on pizza! We are divided on that preference in our household though.
You could also turn my air-fryer pizza rolls Hawaiian style with some pineapple added in!
PIZZA SCROLL INGREDIENTS
You only need a handful of ingredients to make these Hawaiian pizza scrolls.
This makes scrolls a really affordable lunch box recipe. They are also great as to serve up at parties when you want a few easy to make snacks that aren’t messy.
So let’s take a look at what you need for this pizza scrolls recipe:
- 1 cup of plain Greek yoghurt – I love cooking with Greek yogurt. You can make so many different recipes with it and scrolls are a favourite. Plain yogurt is what you need for this recipe, ideally with no unnecessary additives.
- 1 and a half cups of self-raising flour – The other essential ingredient for making scrolls.
- Dried mixed herbs – Mix a little dried herb mixture into your dough before you combine it. How much you add is up to you. You may also want to add a little salt too.
- 1 cup of grated mozzarella cheese – Mozzarella cheese is known as the pizza cheese. It’s perfect for this recipe, but if you don’t have mozzarella, that’s okay. Use what you have although try and avoid any cheeses that are especially oily when melted. A sprinkle of parmesan cheese is also a great extra touch to this recipe!
- 1/2 a cup of diced ham – Can’t have a ham and pineapple fusion without the ham! Use diced ham slices or chunky diced ham works just as well.
- 3 tablespoons of tomato paste or pizza sauce – The first step of any pizza is the sauce!
- 1/2 a cup of pineapple pieces – Pre-diced pineapple, diced up pineapple slices or cut up a fresh pineapple for your tangy essential Hawaiian pizza ingredient!
This recipe is also a great option if you have leftover ham from entertaining too!
Making Your Scroll Dough
Combine your flour and Greek yogurt with your mixed herbs and mix well. Knead your dough until it is firm yet pliable.
If you find your dough is too sticky, add a little extra flour and knead further until it reaches the right consistency.
Be careful not to add too much extra!
Sprinkle out some extra flour on your clean bench surface. Use a rolling pin to roll your dough out into a large rectangle. You want your dough to be around 1cm thick all over.
Spread tomato paste, extra herbs if you like and then top with your Hawaiian toppings. Ham, pineapple and cheese.
Roll it up into a sausage. Slice into 2cm wide portions and place on a prepared tray to cook.
Freezing Pizza Scrolls
These scrolls can be frozen for later. Allow them to cool completely first, then seal them in freezer bags or an airtight container for storage in the freezer.
We usually put 2-4 In a small freezer bag and I either microwave them for around 1 minute for an instant snack or quick lunch idea.
Or I defrost them and place in lunch boxes.
I usually pack lunch boxes a day or two ahead, so this means I can typically pack lunches, put in the fridge and they are fine by the time the kids are ready to eat them at school.
This is one way we simplify our before school routine each week.
For more lunch box recipes, check out these:
- 75 lunch box ideas + printable
- 30+ lunch box recipes
- 40+ healthy muffins for kids
- Carrot, ham & cheese muffins
- Applesauce oat and banana muffins
- Potato loaf
- Banana choc muffins
- Bento box lunch ideas for kids
Hawaiian Pizza Scrolls
Turn your favourite Hawaiian pizza into an on the go snack with these easy to make pizza scrolls.
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- 1 ½ cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup ham, diced
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ cup pineapple pieces
- Dried herb mix
- Pre-heat oven to approximately 200 degrees Celsius.
- Mix yoghurt, flour and mixed herbs in a medium-sized bowl until well combined.
- Form into a dough ball and knead well. If still sticky to touch, add extra flour into your dough.
- Sprinkle extra flour over a clean benchtop
- Use a rolling pin to roll dough into a large thin rectangle, around 1cm thick.
- Spread tomato paste over your dough then top with ham, pineapple pieces and cheese.
- Roll dough from the long side until you form a sausage shape, with your fillings inside.
- Cut rolled dough into sections, approximately 2cm wide.
- Place on a lined baking tray so scroll is facing upward and bake for approximately 20 minutes or until golden.
Tip: Add small portions of extra flour if your dough is sticky and knead well until you find the right consistency. If you add too much flour your dough will be dry and you may need to add a little more Greek yogurt to balance it out again.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 83Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 237mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 5g
Did you make these Hawaiian pizza scrolls? Share a photo on Instagram or Facebook and tag me or leave a rating below and let me know what you think!
Are you a fan of pineapple on your pizza – yes or no?