Every holiday season, it’s difficult to find the perfect gift for everyone on your list. What if you could give a gift that keeps on giving? From ongoing gifts that bring new surprises each month, gifts that give back and even gifts that someone can enjoy over and over again. These gifts that keep giving ideas have something for everyone on your gift list!
Gifts That Keep On Giving
It is a truly wonderful experience to see the joy on someone’s face when you gift them something thoughtful. Imagine if that joy could continue over and over again?
This guide is loaded with gift ideas that can do exactly that – whether they bring ongoing joy to their lucky recipient or as gifts that give back to others and make a small difference in the world.
These gifts that keep on giving ideas have been divided into 5 types of gifts: Ongoing gifts such as subscriptions, membership gifts, gifts that teach new skills, gifts to use over and again and gifts that give back.
Recurring gifts are the ultimate in gifts that keep on giving because they bring new gifts over and over again. The most popular recurring gift ideas are subscription boxes, with a new box of surprises arriving on their doorstep every single month or two.
And the best thing about subscription gifts is that there are so many monthly gift boxes to suit every single age and interest!
One of the best places to find a variety of subscription gifts is on CrateJoy, which is essentially a marketplace of subscription boxes.
However, there is plenty of other subscription gift ideas that aren’t subscription boxes too!
Here are some of our favourite ongoing gift ideas:
- KiwiCo – Kids STEM subscription boxes
- Therabox – Self-care subscription box
- Universal Yums – Snacks from around the world
- Creation Crate – Kid’s activity subscription box
- Pipsticks – Monthly sticker club
- Green Kid Crafts – Kid’s STEM activity box
- Dinner box subscriptions such as Hello Fresh or Every Plate
- Coffee or Tea Subscription
- The Adults & Crafts Box – Craft project box for adults
- Magazine subscription
- Newspaper subscription
- Unplugged Book Box – Young Adult or Adult Fiction book & self-care subscription box
- Dollar Shave Club
- Beer Cartel – Beer subscription service
- Little Passports – kids travel subscription box
- Shinesty – novelty underwear subscription
- Feeling Fab Box – A gift box of wellness and self-love
Gift memberships to places, services or programs that your recipient loves is another great way of giving a gift that keeps on giving.
With a membership gift, they can have the chance to visit their favourite place over and over again or save money on a subscription service they love!
Many of these annual memberships also make great ideas for multiple family members as a family gift idea.
Here are some great options for membership gifts:
- Annual theme park passes
- Annual zoo membership
- Annual museum passes
- Annual attraction passes to their favourite attraction
- National parks pass
- Audible membership
- Amazon Prime membership
- Costco membership
- Apple TV
- Kindle Unlimited
- Apple Music
- Amazon Music
- Reading Eggs
- ABC Mouse
- Tech subscriptions they use
- Xbox live membership
- Dropbox subscription
- Creative Cloud membership
- Annual travel insurance
- Travel club membership
- Auto club membership
- Gym membership
- Sports club membership
Charity Donation Gifts & Gifts That Give Back
Charity donation gifts are another great way to give a gift that continues and gives back to a cause in need. You can choose from an array of charity-related gifts, which range greatly in price and what they do.
This is a thoughtful gift idea for anyone who does not need anything or as a clutter-free gift for minimalists.
The important part is choosing a charity that they are passionate about to make the gift especially meaningful.
Here are some ideas for charity donations as gifts:
- Sponsor a child through World Vision
- Sponsor an animal from a local zoo
- World Wildlife Fund
- Black Dog Institute
- Make A Wish Foundation
- Local homeless shelter
- Local wildlife shelter
- Local children’s charities
- Food bank donation
- For more ideas check out Charity Navigator
Gifts That Teach A Skill
Imagine gifting someone with a new skill that they can use over and over in their lives! This is another wonderful example of gifts that keep on giving. This includes experience-based gifts and learning opportunities, such as classes.
Sometimes, new skills and hobbies are fun to try but not always easy for someone on your gift list to justify the time or money. This is where gifts that help them get started can be a valuable gift idea – especially if it’s something they’ve been thinking about trying!
This is a wonderful gift for hard to buy for friends and family since learning new skills is certainly a memorable gift that you can give a whole family or just an individual.
Here are some great experience gifts and skill-based gift ideas:
- Cooking class
- Fitness classes
- Marital arts
- Learn to draw/paint/scrapbook
- Defensive driving course
- Self-defence class
- How to use essential oils class
- Make and take art classes
- Surfing lessons
- Stand up paddleboarding
- Photography lesson
- Gift certificates to local tutoring centres or community education classes
- Mixology class
- Education tutor
- Meal planning or meal prep
- Home organisation course
- Photo or video editing
- Cake decorating
- Prenatal classes
- Parenting classes
- Gardening class
- Makeup or beauty skills class
- Kid’s sport lessons
- Driving lessons
- Dance class
- Drama class
- Piano lessons
- Learn a language
- Yoga classes for kids or adults
- Personal trainer sessions
- Life coaching session
- Blogging courses
- Doula training program
- Horse riding lessons
- Personal shopping service with a local stylist
- Graphic design courses
- Singing lessons
- Swimming lessons
Gifts To Use Again And Again
Sometimes you just want to give a traditional gift, but it still needs to be useful and serve its purpose again and again. These are the type of gifts that are useful and practical that your gift recipient can make regular use of.
These are some of our favourite ideas for gifts that bring long-term joy or can provide entertainment over time:
- A camera such as a digital camera or an Instax instant camera
- GoPro action video camera
- Lunch box
- A new pair of shoes
- A new family board game
- Travel guides for an upcoming trip
- New vehicle
- Musical instrument
- Gift card for their favourite coffee shop to use over several visits
- New bike helmet
- A useful appliance or gadget they will use often
These are some great ideas for gifts that give joy long after the day they are first given. Many of these gifts that keep giving ideas bring new excitement for the entire year or sometimes the greatest gift of all is giving something back to others on behalf of your recipient.
Check out more gift guides for every occasion:
- Gifts for active kids
- 101+ non-toy gifts for kids
- Teacher gifts they actually want
- Gifts for people who love to cook
- Last-minute Mother’s Day gift ideas
- DIY Father’s Day gift ideas
- Last-minute Father’s Day gift ideas
- DIY Valentine’s Day gift ideas
- Older sibling gifts from new baby
- New mother gifts
- Non-chocolate Easter gifts
- Unique stocking stuffer gifts under $15
- Gifts to give a whole family
- Gifts for men who have everything
- Clutter-free gift ideas
- Gifts that keep on giving
- Subscription boxes for families
- Experience gifts for kids