This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure
These best kid’s subscription boxes are the perfect way to provide educational fun and activities to keep your kids busy at home. They are also some of the best gift ideas that kids will love, with monthly fun arriving on their doorstep. These subscription boxes for kids include something to suit every interest and age group. From babies right through to tweens, with monthly boxes of joy.
The Best Kid’s Subscription Boxes For All Ages & Interests
These kid’s subscription boxes are organised by category so you can easily find the ultimate box idea for your child or to gift for birthday or Christmas. There is nothing more exciting than having a box of goodies delivered to you each month.
And kids love getting packages in the mail, just for them!
Subscription boxes for children are a perfect non-toy gift idea that can be gifted from anywhere in the world, making them convenient and unique!
Note that some of these boxes are only available in certain parts of the world, however, most ship globally. I have included details on current availability to help you find an option suitable for your activity kit recipients.
Educational & STEM Subscription Boxes
These educational subscription boxes and STEM subscription boxes are the perfect way to make learning fun while at home. Unlike learning at school, kids get to explore exciting concepts and build cool things to enhance their play.
Whether you are homeschooling or simply looking for a way to add educational fun at home, your kids will love these monthly STEM kits. Or take them around the world with exciting travel themed subscription kits.
Kiwi Co pride themselves on being one of the best STEM subscription box services around! They have options for kids of all ages and boxes to suit different interests, each bringing fun to learning!
- Panda Crate – Ages 0 to 2 allows you to bond with your new baby then help theme explore as they move through developmental stages. This is a beautiful gift for new parents on the arrival of their new baby.
- Koala Crate (Ages 2 to 4) – Hands-on activities and games that can be enjoyed with a family member to strengthen your bond.
- Kiwi Crate (Ages 5 to 8) – Celebrating kids’ natural curiosity and creativity with monthly projects to make.
- Atlas Crate (Ages 6 to 11) Each monthly kit includes comes with Atlas cards, allowing children to make their own travel adventure book, loaded with cool facts.
- Doodle Crate (Ages 9 to 16+) – Encouraging kids to express themselves creatively through more complex creative projects.
- Tinker Crate (Ages 9 to 16+) – Creative problem solving and hands-on STEM projects to build.
- Maker Crate (Ages 14 to 100) – Teaches new creative techniques and the use of different tools to complete monthly design and craft projects.
- Eureka Crate (Ages 14 to 100) – More complex engineering and design activities to suit teens and adults.
Details: Kiwi Co is located in the USA and ships free within the USA. They also ship pretty much everywhere in the world, including Australia.
Green Kit Crafts
Green Kid Crafts bring to the door monthly kids activity boxes that combine art and science into exciting educational adventures for children.
Each box has 4 to 6 projects to complete and a 12-page magazine to support learning and fun beyond the included projects. They also have a large range of products and activity kits available without needing to subscribe.
- Junior Discovery Box (Ages 2 to 4) – Learning activities, crafts and games aimed at younger children. Lots of hands-on fun.
- Discovery Box (Ages 5 to 10+) – More complex projects to keep older children busy and entertained with science and art combined.
They have a sibling box subscription option for families with more than one child, without paying full price!
Details: Green Kid Crafts are located in the USA and offer shipping to North America, Australia, New Zeland, most of Europe and parts of Asia.
The Preschool Box
The Preschool Box is loaded with monthly preschool activities to inspire early learning and development. Each box helps your preschool-aged child experience fun through learning and reading.
The Preschool Box is designed for children aged 3 to 6 years, with letters and sound recognition, counting and number activities, shapes and sorting, sounds and writing practice.
If you subscribe for a full 12 months, your child will receive a graduation box and certificate.
Details: The Preschool Box is located in the USA and ships all around the world.
My Creative Box
My Creative Box delivers monthly creative STEM learning projects that are suited to different age groups of children. They offer gift subscriptions or you can purchase a single box from their in-stock activity kits instead.
- Mini Explorer (Ages 2 to 4) – Learning activities and projects using science, art & maths concepts to keep your mini explorer busy learning and developing.
- Little Learners (Ages 4 to 7) – Multiple learning outcomes in science, technology, engineering, art and maths for guided fun at home.
- Big Creatives (Ages 7 to 12) – Aimed at older kids with deeper STEAM (Science, technology, engineering, art and maths) concepts to encourage achievement of child developmental milestones through fun.
Details: My Creative Box is located in Australia and they ship to most countries around the world, including Australia, USA, UK, NZ, Canada, Indonesia, Malaysia and many other destinations. Get $10AU OFF your first order.
For kids who love to travel or science, Little Passports are a fantastic kid’s travel subscription company. They have 3 types of travel subscription boxes to suit kids in different age groups, as well as general interest boxes as well for keeping curious minds busy and learning.
- Early Explorers (Ages 3 to 5) Introduces preschool-aged children to the bigger world around them, with simple, fun activities, toys, stickers and souvenirs. Exploring concepts such as oceans, weather, music and dinosaurs each month. Kids will love the storage suitcase they get as part of their first box.
- Science Junior (Ages 5 to 8) Encourage a love of science with exciting monthly science experiments. they also include games, trading cards, and an adventure comic. Plus your child gets a cool backpack with their first month.
- World Edition (Ages 6 to 10) takes your child around the world with a different country each month. Each monthly activity kit comes with activity pages, collectable coins and cards, stickers and a range of extra online activities to supplement the fun. Keep everything in their mini storage suitcase.
- USA Edition (Ages 7 to 12) visits two USA states each month with a range of puzzles, games and craft activities to help them learn more about each state.
- Science Expeditions (Ages 9+) is for older kids who want more complex activities and experiments to try at home. This STEM subscription box kicks off with a tote, notepad and other essentials to get started. Each monthly box includes comic, hands-on experiments, a mystery to solve and achievement badges.
Details: Little Passports is located in the USA and ship within the USA as well as Australia, UK, Canada, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, South Korea & Israel.
Creation Crate is the perfect subscription box for technology-loving kids. Each monthly project teaches kids new lessons in electronics and C++ programming, giving you everything you need to make the magic happen.
Give kids an educational advantage by developing their tech skills each month, in robotics and engineering using guided video tutorials.
They have project kits suited to ages 7+ with the help of a parent or 12+ for independent learning.
Details: Creation Crate ships from the USA to all around the world.
Little Global Citizens, created for kids aged 4 to 10, are bi-monthly travel subscription boxes for kids that inspire a curiosity about the world and its people. Help your child to develop an acceptance for diversity and different cultures as they explore a new country every second month.
Each Little Global Citizens box includes cultural craft activities, games, toys, recipes and travel guides. Your child will learn basic language skills and together you can read the storybook about that country.
Details: Little Global Citizens currently only ships within the USA with free shipping included with subscriptions.
Groovy Lab combines critical thinking with Scientific Inquiry and the Engineering Design Process in fine-tuned educational STEM boxes for children.
The boxes are targeted to kids 8 years and up, with some guidance required for younger kids. Each box comes with everything you need to complete the project, as well as extra tools and accessories and a beyond-the-box guide for further learning.
Details: Groovy Lab is located in the USA and ship free within the US. They also offer international shipping with cost depending on location.
kids Cooking subscription boxes
Encourage a love of cooking and baking with these fun kids cooking subscription boxes. Not only will your child discover a love of spending time in the kitchen. But it will also help them develop important life skills along the way.
Little Cooks Co encourages kids to eat healthily and develop a love of cooking by making baking easier. Each month your little cook receives a new baking recipe and all of the dry organic ingredients needed for the recipe.
Little Cooks Co kits are created for ages 3-10, with the help of a parent to get them cooking.
Details: Little Cooks Co is located in the UK and currently only ships within the UK.
Kids Stationery Subscription Boxes
Who doesn’t love new stationery! Kids are no exception! So get your child excited about a monthly package just for them, filled with fun new stationery and stickers!
Postix offers 4 different monthly sticker subscription kits. They have their Junior Sticker Subscription for younger kids and a Student Monthly Sticker Subscription for tweens and teens to add their own personality to their study gear.
Or if you don’t want the kids to have all the fun, Postix also has Lady On The Go kits for women and a Mystery Mix subscription with a little something from each of the other kits. Each kit is just $19AU with over $50 in value.
Details: Postix is located in Australia with free shipping on Australian orders. They post worldwide.
Pipsticks is a monthly sticker subscription box that also includes cute stationary kids will love and loads of stickers. They have 2 types of subscription boxes – a kid’s sticker box and one for grown-ups or teens too.
They both come in a petite and classic size, depending on how many stickers you want in your bundle.
Details: Pipsticks is located in the USA and ships free to the USA or for a few dollars, they ship pretty much everywhere in the world.
My Paper Box
My Paper Box lets your child or teen be the star of their own stationery with personalised monthly stationery and cute custom designs delivered to the door.
They have a Grand option loaded with notepads, cards and more. Or a mini kit with 3 mini notepads.
Details: My Paper Box ships worldwide from the USA.
craft subscription box for kids
Kids love to create and monthly craft subscription boxes for kids are a great way to keep them inspired with new projects and activities each month. Build their confidence as they discover their unique creative skills and learn new techniques along the way.
PeekyMe are kids craft boxes delivered each month with a new fun-filled theme to discover. Subscriptions are available for 3, 6 or 12 months to save money, or purchase individual past boxes instead.
Each box come with everything you need to complete the craft projects, including scissors, glue, paint and a paintbrush, so you don’t have to stress about finding the extra supplies.
The PeekyMe kid’s monthly craft kits are suited to ages 3 to 9, with younger kids requiring some extra help from mum or dad.
Details: PeekyMe is located in Australia and currently only ship within Australia. However, keep checking as international shipping is coming soon.
We Craft Box
We Craft Box is exactly how it sounds – a box loaded with crafty fun! Suited to children aged 3 to 9, each We Craft Box has a story theme around which the 4 or more craft activities are based.
You will have plenty to keep your kids busy each month, plus new art supplies to use beyond the themed craft projects.
Details: We Craft Box ships free within the USA and $5 to Canada.
Subscription Boxes For Tweens
Not quite a teenager and no longer a child, these subscription boxes for tweens are the right combination of monthly joy that your older child will enjoy. When they are no longer at the age of wanting toys as gifts, and find practical gifts dull, a subscription box will find the right balance for your tween.
Mickey Monthly is the ultimate Disney subscription box. With several Disney-themed subscription boxes to choose from, it will be like bringing Disneyland to your tween every month. Some of the boxes include exclusive Disney park souvenirs and snacks.
They also have single boxes to purchase, with no subscription required.
Details: Mickey Monthly is a USA based subscription service, however, they do post internationally as well.
Charm With Me Club
If your tween loves a little geeky chic in their life, the Charm With Me Club is a great option. Each month comes with new fandom-themed charms to fit the bracelet they will get in their first delivery.
With a variety of Disney, superheroes, fantasy and classic film favourites, they will have a charm bracelet to reflect their unique style as they mix and match new charms each month.
Details: Charm With Me Club is located in the USA and ships worldwide.
Subscription Boxes For Girls
If you’re looking for something loaded with cute and girly pretties, these feminine subscription boxes for girls are sure to delight any little princess (or pink loving prince).
Petite Princess Box
Petite Princess Box is the ultimate girly fun for little princesses.
Each monthly kids’s subscription box brings 4 new princess accessories from the Petite Princess Castle. They also include a Mini Fairytale story card and a new Princess theme every month.
Details: Petite Princess Box ships worldwide from Canada.
The Fairy Bag
The Fairy Bag is an adorable monthly accessories box for young girls to start building their own age-appropriate jewellery collection and feminine accessories.
Each box builds an experience – not only do they get high-quality accessories but confidence-building positive messaging too!
They have two different subscription boxes available including items such as bracelets, pom poms, lip balms, play nails, hair accessories, necklaces, bows, and more!
- Fairies (ages 4 to 6)
- Pixies (ages 7 to 10)
Details: The Fairy Bag ships worldwide from the USA and is only $14.50 a box.
For more kids subscription boxes and for ideas for the rest of the family too, check out Crate Joy. They have hundreds of different subscription boxes and kits to suit a huge range of hobbies, interests and ages.
Next time you’re wondering what to gift a child, a subscription box is a fun alternative to toys or clothes. They are gifts that keep on giving that will teach your child new skills, get creative. And give them loads of happy mail fun!