Are you looking for the perfect DIY Halloween costumes for couples? These homemade adult couple costume ideas are so fun and are sure to turn heads at your next fancy dress party! From scary couple costumes to sexy couple costumes and plenty that will get a laugh!
DIY Halloween Costumes For Couples
Themed costumes are loads of fun and these DIY Halloween couples costume ideas are perfect if you want to match with your partner or bestie.
Whether you want spooky, quirky or funny, there’s a couples’ Halloween costume to suit.
These couples’ costumes for adults include some super easy couple costume ideas that you can throw together with items you already have at home and some more elaborate homemade couple costume ideas that might take a little extra time and planning.
1. Joker & Harley Quinn
This anti-hero couple, Joker and Harley Quinn are a fun pair to dress up as. This is great if you are looking for sexy couple Halloween costume ideas. You can completely DIY this look, or grab a few token pre-made items too, such as a blonde wig dipped in blue and red or try some coloured hair spray.
2. Romeo + Juliet
If you were a 90s teen like I was, you were likely obsessed with Baz Luhrman’s version of Romeo & Juliet. They make for really cheap adult Halloween costumes! White dress, homemade or store-brought angel wings, a Hawaiian shirt. Not much to it!
3. Magician & White Rabbit
For a unique take on his and hers Halloween costumes, you could easily pull most of this magician & white rabbit costume from your wardrobe and DIY or thrift shop the rest!
4. Adam & Barbara Maitland Beetlejuice Costume
We recently introduced our kids to Beetlejuice and I had forgotten all about these crazy monster versions they created to scare the family out of their home. This DIY Beetlejuice costume completely nailed it! And they tell you how to make your own version of these freaky masks.
5. DIY Pizza Delivery Couples Costume
Who doesn’t love pizza? This creative couple’s costume from Studio DIY features a pizza and a delivery boy in the perfect combo costume!
6. Stranger Things Costume – Eleven & Mike
This Stranger Things couples costume works just as well individually as characters Eleven and Mike. The full costume can come straight out of your wardrobe if you have the right gear or head to the thrift shop for some vintage finds.
7. Couple Lion King Costumes With Dog Costumes
If you love Disney’s The Lion King and you have pets, this couples costume becomes the perfect fur family costume with dog Halloween costume ideas too. These homemade costume ideas feature Zazu and Rafiki and are easy to make. This is a lot of fun when looking for couple and pet Halloween costumes.
8. DIY French Chef & Croquembouche
If you want something a little unique for a French-themed costume party, this French chef and croquembouche couples costume is a truly unique DIY costume option!
9. Jurassic Park Costume For Couples
This DIY Jurassic Park costume for couples can also double as a family costume if you dress up your kids as little dinosaurs… or Dr Malcolm, Owen or the many other main characters. Check out their cute photos with their baby as a dinosaur to pair with Dr Ellie Stattler and Dr Alan Grant!
10. The Grand Budapest Hotel Couples Costume
Fans of The Grand Budapest Hotel films will enjoy their chance to bring a little DIY fun to this movie-themed couples costume.
11. DIY Disney Robin Hood & Maid Marion
If you are headed to a Disney theme party, these Robin Hood & Maid Marion costumes would be easy to create at home.
12. Struck By Lightning Couple Fancy Dress
This funny couple costume is good for last minute. Shred up some old clothes and accessories, mess up your hair and add some smokey makeup for your struck by lightning look. Then repurpose a cardboard box or sheet into a lightning bolt and stick cotton wool to an old hat for a budget Halloween costume.
13. Guardians Of The Galaxy Costumes DIY
These DIY Star Lord and Gamora costumes are relatively simple to put together and look fantastic for Halloween or for attending your nearest Comic Con or Marvel fan event. So cool!
14. Couples Star Wars Costume
Pair up as your favourite Star Wars costumes for a DIY Darth Vadar and Jedi or other combination of favourite characters from the classic or more recent films and tv series.
15. DIY Couples Shirt Costumes
For couples who don’t really love to dress up, or don’t have the time to come up with something fancy, these DIY t-shirt ideas have you sorted.
16. Cards Against Humanity
Everyone’s favourite crude card game makes a cheap, last-minute costume idea. Go as a couple or create a whole group Cards Against Humanity costume with actual cards from the game.
17. Bank Robbers Costume
If you’re looking for a super simple couple costume that you can DIY (potentially with items you already have at home) and some DIY masks, this couple bank robber costume is a great option.
18. DIY Candy Bar Costumes
Theme your DIY couples costume on your favourite candy bars with these fun candy bar Halloween costumes. I love the king size and fun size they’ve added to their candy wrappers!
19. DIY Lego Costumes
If you love a cheap, yet really impressive DIY costume, you really can’t go past a boxtume and these LEGO costumes turned out great. They show you in great detail how they put these costumes together.
20. Captain America & The Winter Soldier
Okay, so this isn’t your traditional couples costume but it’s a bit of a gender-bender fun one. For my 40th, I had a Marvel-themed party and dressed myself and hubby up as my two favourite super soldiers.
His Captain America costume was put together using a printed t-shirt from Ali Express, paired with his own navy pants, brown gloves, a shoulder brace from Shein and a rather expensive metal Shield that I got from eBay. I figure it will make a fun media room decoration in future!
My Winter Soldier costume was a pair of shorts I owned, a wig, boots, top and leg straps from Shein, and some toy weapons from the local toy store.
The arm was created using a full-length silver glove covered in plastic and wrapped in silver electrical tape, spray painted metallic silver with a red star cut with my Cricut. I wrapped this around my actual arm, then cut it off. On the day of the party, I placed it back on my arm with a few extra pieces of tape.
It was an extremely hot summer day so my arm was a disgusting sweaty mess under all that tape, but it was a fun DIY costume!
21. Nintendo Switch Couple
This Nintendo Switch couple costume is such an easy DIY with a little craft board and foam and your trusty glue gun. And you can take off your console pieces when you’re sick of wearing them. A good option for anyone who doesn’t love being in costume!
22. The Princess Bride Costume
As an 80s baby, I love The Princess Bride so I adore this Westley and Buttercup costume. This is a relatively simple one to DIY with some clothing from your wardrobe or from the thrift store too.
23. Up Couple Costume
This Pixar Up Costume is downright epic! Carl and of course, the iconic Up House. I love the fact they dressed their dog up as Russell too! Nailed it.
24. Couples Operation Game Costume
Get your scrubs for this super fun DIY couple costume based on the popular children’s board game Operation. Doctor and patient with a simple-to-make Operation outfit. This one is super cute.
25. Han Solo & The Millennium Falcon
I could not love this Star Wars couple costume more. This is next-level geeky perfection! Han Solo and his Millennium Falcon, in dress form. Very clever!
26. Popeye & Olive Oyl
This cute couple’s costume features the muscled man himself, Popeye and his love, Olive Oyl. Super cute and relatively easy to put together as a homemade couple costume!
27. Grease Couple Costume
This Grease couple costume is such an easy option, even for men who don’t love to dress up! Get them a black shirt and jeans, with some slicked-back hair for Danny and put on your favourite heels and black tights for Sandy.
More Couple Costume Ideas
In case those fun homemade costumes for couples didn’t inspire you, here are a few more costume ideas to consider:
- Bonnie and Clyde: Channel the infamous outlaw duo for a vintage, gangster-inspired look.
- Mickey and Minnie Mouse: Celebrate the magic of Disney with these beloved characters.
- Fred and Wilma Flintstone: Travel back in time to Bedrock with these prehistoric costumes.
- Pirate Captain and First Mate: Sail the high seas together in pirate-themed attire.
- Mario and Princess Peach: Level up your costume game as the famous video game plumber and princess combination.
- Cosmic Couple: Dress as an astronaut and an alien for an out-of-this-world look.
- Cleopatra and Mark Antony: Recreate the ancient Egyptian royalty for a regal ensemble.
- Wonder Woman and Superman: Show off your superpowers as DC Comics’ iconic heroes.
- Gomez and Morticia Addams: Embrace the dark and mysterious with this Addams Family duo.
- Pablo Picasso and the Mona Lisa: Pay homage to famous works of art with creative and artistic costumes.
- Salt and Pepper: Spice up the Halloween party with this simple and punny costume idea.
- Jack and Sally from “The Nightmare Before Christmas”: Bring Tim Burton’s characters to life for a spooky and whimsical look.
- Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson: Solve the mystery of Halloween in these Victorian-era detective costumes.
- Alice and the Mad Hatter: Explore the whimsical world of Wonderland with these colourful characters.
- Rock ‘n’ Roll Legends: Pay tribute to famous music icons like Elvis and Marilyn Monroe.
- Famous Movie Couples: Choose iconic movie couples like Han Solo and Princess Leia, Baby and Johnny from Dirty Dancing, Shrek and Fiona.
- Marty McFly and Doc Brown from “Back to the Future”: Time travel in style with these sci-fi costumes.
- Woody and Jessie from “Toy Story“: Join Andy’s toy box as the rootin’ tootin’ cowboy and cowgirl.
- Dorothy and Scarecrow from “The Wizard of Oz”: Follow the yellow brick road as this classic duo.
- Holly Golightly and Paul Varjak from “Breakfast at Tiffany’s”: Embrace the elegance of Audrey Hepburn’s iconic character and her charming neighbour.
Tips For Easy Homemade Couples Costumes
Your homemade couple costume doesn’t need to cost a fortune to make:
- Budget-Friendly Makeup Magic: Makeup can serve as a cost-effective tool for crafting inexpensive costumes.
- Sustainability and Reusability: Opt for costumes that can be easily repurposed for future Halloweens, minimizing your expenses.
- Prioritise Comfort: Ensure your chosen costume offers comfort, allowing you to fully enjoy the festivities.
- Share and Save: Reduce costs by borrowing costumes or props from friends or participating in costume swaps for a refreshing change.
- Discount Treasures: Explore discount stores and thrift stores for affordable costume options and props that won’t break the bank.
- Family Fun with Themes: Consider coordinating themed family costumes for added excitement.
- Shop Your Own Wardrobe: If you’re short on time or prefer not to spend, your wardrobe and home likely hide a plethora of easy DIY Halloween costume ideas. Many family-friendly Halloween costumes can be created using items you already own.
FOR MORE HALLOWEEN INSPIRATION
- DIY Halloween costumes for kids
- Easy DIY Halloween family costumes
- Halloween mocktail recipes the kids will love
- Book theme costumes for kids
- Easy party appetisers and menu ideas
- Halloween party games for all ages
- The creepiest Halloween party finger foods
- DIY Halloween decorations to set the scene
- Non-food Halloween treat ideas for trick or treaters
- Leftover Halloween candy recipes
- Homemade costume ideas for adults