Have you heard about the famous Tiktok pasta recipe? This baked feta pasta has become one of the most popular dinner recipes on the table in 2021 and there is a good reason why!
The cherry tomato and feta cheese pasta is so quick and easy to make… but why not add a little extra something?
This is one of those easy dinner recipes that require minimal prep before letting the oven do the rest of the job for you! Just like our favourite baked frittata recipe!
How To Make Baked Feta Pasta
This variation of the Tiktok pasta with feta cheese packs an extra punch, with even more flavours the whole family will love!
With olives, extra seasoning and the tang of lemon, this baked feta pasta recipe is always a winner for dinner!
The best part of this recipe variation is how little prep is required!
It takes very little time to prep your baking dish and add the ingredients before popping them in the oven. before the baking is done, simply pop your pasta on the stove so it’s ready to go.
And that’s dinner done in a flash!
What Is This TikTok Pasta Trend?
Not on Tiktok? That’s okay. You don’t need the app to make this delicious pasta with feta and tomato recipe. It’s simply where the craze began!
I’m not entirely sure who kicked off the Tiktok trend by sharing the recipe, but apparently, its origin goes beyond that, with the recipe adapted from a recipe shared by a Finnish food blogger back a couple of years earlier.
The simplicity of the recipe is what made it go viral, with just 6 key ingredients.
And even keeping it to those 6 basic ingredients, you will get a pasta dish the family will enjoy.
But why not have them raving, by adding a few extra ingredients?
How Is This Recipe Different?
Firstly, there are more than 6 ingredients, but not too many more! Just 10 in fact and like any great recipe, you can mix and match to suit your tastes and preferences.
Best of all, this is one of those recipes that will work with items you have on hand at home too.
The main differences are the addition of olives, onion, lemon juice and zest and some extra seasoning. Combined, they really amp up the flavours!
The printable recipe card with a FULL ingredients list and detailed instructions can be found at the bottom of this post.
How To Store Baked Feta Pasta
This baked feta pasta recipe is a great leftovers meal and one that works well for work (or school) lunches the next day too.
As it is a vegetarian recipe, it keeps really well if refrigerated for several days in an airtight container.
You can also freeze this recipe in a suitable freezer container and defrost it in the refrigerator before reheating, or just reheat it in the microwave straight out of the freezer.
Freezer Cooking Tip: If you do a lot of bulk freezer cooking, you can easily make up a double batch using two baking dishes and freeze half for future meals!
FAQS & TIPS
WHAT TYPE OF PASTA CAN I USE?
You can use any type of pasta for this recipe. The short pasta types, such as penne, spirals, bowties and seashells are easiest to combine with the feta mix, but you can also use long versions, such as fettuccine and spaghetti if you prefer.
WHAT ARE THE BEST TOMATOES TO USE?
Any variety of small sweet in-season tomatoes work great with this recipe and the sweeter the tomatoes, the better the flavours. Great options are cherry, grape or roma tomatoes.
CAN I USE A DIFFERENT CHEESE?
I have not tested this recipe with other cheese varieties, however I imagine the results would still be great with other similar textured soft cheeses, such as blue cheese or cream cheese, however it will give you a very different flavour.
IS THIS RECIPE KID-FRIENDLY?
Yes! This recipe has a mild flavour and there is minimal spice. The texture is creamy. You can always leave out the olives if your child is not a fan!
Here are a few more family favourite dinner recipe ideas:
- Slowcooker Beef Goulash – This easy slow cooker meal is our new favourite alternative to spaghetti bolognese and perfect for busy days.
- Mexican Potato Casserole – Add a twist for taco Tuesday with this combination of two favourites – tacos and potato bake.
- Mum’s Tuna Mornay – This is a family favourite from my own childhood, sharing mum’s classic recipe.
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork – Use Coca-Cola to make the easiest slow-cooked pork.
Tiktok Baked Feta Pasta
Try the famous Tiktok baked feta pasta for yourself with this flavour loaded twist that brings even more flavour into this simple, delicious recipe.
- 200g feta cheese
- 1/2 cup black olives
- 500g cherry tomatoes
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced (approx 2 Tablespoons)
- 1 Tablespoon Greek seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 200g pasta of your choice
- Preheat oven to 200C (400F).
- Place the feta cheese in the centre of a large oven baking dish.
- Scatter the cherry tomatoes, black olives, garlic and onion around the block of feta cheese.
- Sprinkle lemon zest, lemon juice, Greek seasoning and pepper over the top.
- Drizzle the contents of the baking dish with olive oil and then stir to coat the vegetables completely.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until the cherry tomatoes have blistered and feta cheese has begun to turn light brown.
- At 35 minutes, prepare the pasta according to package direction. Drain but do not rinse once cooked.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven and immediately add the drained pasta. Stir to coat the pasta in the feta cheese and cooked vegetables.
- Serve immediately.
Any standard pasta will work with this dish.
For variations: Leave out the olives if you prefer or add in cooked bacon, chorizo or chicken just before adding the pasta if you want to add meat to your pasta recipe.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 505Total Fat: 40gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 27gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 1731mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 4gSugar: 6gProtein: 12g
These figures are provided as an approximate guide only.
Love It? Pin It