The kitchen is one of the most used areas of any home, usually used multiple times every day. After all, we need to eat to live, so it’s little wonder we find ourselves in the kitchen so often. But it is not always the tidiest of spaces.
If you have joined the Simplify My Life challenge, you may have embarked on the big kitchen declutter and have your kitchen in top shape by now. If not, that’s okay too. Plenty of time to catch up. And to help you along the way, I have found some of the best kitchen pantry organisation ideas from around the web to inspire and assist.
1. Childhood 101 – I love the pull out shelves and the space saving spice storage in the hanger.
2. Cassadiva – This looks like my pantry so I think it’s great how she has made the most of a small space. Regret not getting half price Tupperware modular mates recently now.
3. Design Dining Diapers – Simple addition of some stylish baskets can make a big difference.
4. Stacy & Charlie – My favourite thing about this is the clear storage containers that are so much easier to see what you’ve got than a lot of the other containers people use. Love those tall clear ones!
5. Simplify Fabulous Living – this one is quite stylish with all the labelled glass jars. I am loving the look. And Ikea is fabulous for cheap glass jars. But we have a lot of tins and packets in our pantry so it wouldn’t be this pretty. The tips on this blog are really good too.
6. Erin Brans – I really love the neat simplicity of this pantry.
7. The Vintage Wren – Again with the stylish baskets. It does look great.
For my own pantry, I have shelves dedicated to different types of goods. Eye level is cereals, grains & things like coffee, tea etc. Next one down is all the meal related stuff, like spices, sauces, packet and tinned goods and related. The bottom shelf is baking supplies and snacks. Then my floor level has the bags for potatoes, garlic, onions, plus where we store things like cat food, kitchen supplies and extra large items. I also use the top shelf of my pantry for storing party supplies like paper plates, cups and plastic cutlery as well as a couple of tall appliances that don’t fit in my normal kitchen cupboard spaces.
I would take a pic but my kitchen area has poor natural lighting so it wouldn’t be the best of photos. You will just have to take my word that it is looking pretty snazzy at the moment… although still room for improvement (Hello trip to Ikea).
How do you organise your pantry? Do you have any great tips to share?