It has been a while since I have shared a recipe, but this new one was created out of a bit of desperation caused by my pregnancy craving of chicken kiev. Garlic is a flavour I love and mixed with chicken, you cannot really go too wrong, so with a bit of an experiment, these Garlic Chicken Balls were formed. A much more simple and cheap recipe that still incorporates all the goodness of a traditional chicken kiev.
These would even make great lunch box items served cold, a simple afternoon snack or with a side dish such as veggies or salad for dinner. They also freeze pretty well so they are a great option for freezer cooking too. As an added bonus, my 2 year old thinks they are the bomb! I guess she inherited her mother’s love of garlic in food.
GARLIC CHICKEN BALLS
500g chicken mince
2 cups breadcrumbs
4 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons garlic
1.5 tablespoons parsley
1. Melt butter in small bowl. Mix in garlic and parsley. Allow to set in fridge or freezer until hard.
2. When set, cut garlic butter into cubes.
3. Roll mince into balls, inserting one cube of garlic butter into each and smoothing over to prevent leaking.
4. Whisk eggs in bowl. Dip chicken balls in egg, then coat generously in breadcrumbs.
5. Repeat with all chicken balls.
6. Shallow fry garlic chicken balls until golden brown. Serve.
SAVE IT FOR LATER: