This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure
Here we are in our second month of the SIMPLIFY MY LIFE challenge. This means we are ready for another declutter task to follow on from January’s epic kitchen declutter.
And yes, it is another dreaded area – the bathrooms!
Why am I hitting you with these big ones straight up… easy! Get in while the motivation is high, but don’t worry as there are some easier tasks ahead.
If you haven’t already, make sure you sign up for my newsletter so you don’t miss the regular updates. They will also help remind you to stay on task. But for now, on to our bathroom declutter challenge.
SIMPLIFY MY LIFE – BATHROOM DECLUTTER
We are in and out of the bathroom an endless number of times every day, yet this room often gets a bit neglected. It’s easy to shut the door and pretend it’s a self-care haven… but in actual fact, it could be a cluttered, messy horror.
My bathrooms are actually the most neglected rooms in my house (eeeek did I just admit that?), with a clutter filled vanity unit covered in make up, sprays, brushes and who knows what else. We also neglect the cleaning a little too… me partly out of protest (I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO LIVES HERE) and currently due to being pregnant and avoiding chemicals (convenient excuse). But in saying that, the main bathroom is in pretty good shape… it’s the ensuite that deserves some TLC.
Decluttering Your Life
So grab your cleaning products, some gloves, a garbage bag and your daggiest cleaning outfit, and off we go to clean and get into your bathroom declutter (yes… that means all of them).
Download your bathroom declutter checklist to get started.
I will be back later in the week with tips on decluttering your medicine chest and medical supplies so be sure to pop back.
And remember, you have a whole month to do these declutter bathroom tasks, so you may want to space them out, or do them all in one day or a weekend, although this is only part 1 of the February challenge. PART 2 – ORGANISE is next Tuesday so you can be on your way to simplify your life too.
Here are some declutter tips to get you started:
- If you have not used an item recently, chances are you do not need it. Think twice before putting back anything you may never use.
- Make up, skincare and all those other personal care items do have a shelf-life. If you are using the same mascara from 12 years ago… girl you gotta go shopping!
- Do you have products for curly hair yet haven’t a curl in sight? Think about giving it to someone who needs it.
- Don’t let your bathroom become the dumping ground for bedroom items.
- Consider using baskets and extra shelving to make the most of your bathroom cabinet storage space.
Away we go on the SIMPLIFY MY LIFE challenge.
Do you have any cleaning or decluttering tips for bathrooms? How often do you clean your showers/toilets/bath?