Finding budget friendly family meals that please all members of the family can be challenging when one of those household members is a fussy 3 year old. But lucky for us, our eldest likes most meals that involve eggs and cheese, so this egg and bacon pie is an ideal choice, not to mention super easy to make and easy on the budget!
In fact, this recipe makes 2 egg and bacon pies if you use rectangular loaf pans, so the value is great and it means you can freeze one for later and cut the other one up for dinners or lunches.
EGG & BACON PIE
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1/2 cup self raising flour
- 1 & 1/4 cups milk
- 1 onion
- 2-3 sheets of puff pastry
- 2 tbs of mixed seasoning of your choice
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Whisk eggs in a bowl until light and fluffy.
- Combine other ingredients, mix well.
- Prepare 2 loaf tins and line with a slightly defrosted sheet of puff pastry.
- Pour half of egg mixture into each loaf tin.
- Create lid/pie top with extra puff pastry and glaze with extra milk.
- Bake for up to 40 minutes or until golden.
To serve, cut your pie into slices and add a complimentary side dish such as salad. Or the pie can be served cold and added to lunch boxes for a great sandwich substitute that is yummy and filling. Alternatively, egg and bacon pie is a perfect option for a breakfast pie too or an easy healthy lunch idea.
What is your favourite pie filling?