It has been a while since I have shared a recipe, but this new one was created out of a bit of desperation caused by my pregnancy craving of chicken kiev. Garlic is a flavour I love and mixed with chicken, you cannot really go too wrong, so with a bit of an experiment, these Garlic Chicken Balls were formed.
A much more simple and cheap recipe that still incorporates all the goodness of a traditional chicken kiev.
These would even make great lunch box items served cold, a simple afternoon snack or with a side dish such as veggies or salad for dinner. These chicken garlic balls also freeze pretty well so they are a great option for freezer cooking too. As an added bonus, my 2 year old thinks they are delicious! I guess she inherited her mother’s love of garlic in food.
GARLIC CHICKEN BALLS
- 500g chicken mince
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons garlic
- 1.5 tablespoons parsley
- Cooking oil
1. Melt butter in small bowl. Mix in garlic and parsley. Allow to set in fridge or freezer until hard.
2. When set, cut garlic butter into cubes.
3. Roll mince into balls, inserting one cube of garlic butter into each and smoothing over to prevent leaking.
4. Whisk eggs in bowl. Dip chicken balls in egg, then coat generously in breadcrumbs.
5. Repeat with all chicken balls.
6. Shallow fry garlic chicken balls until golden brown. Serve.
The best thing about these garlic chicken balls is you can make them ahead of time if you are entertaining, and reheat. Simply serve them up with a dipping sauce on a platter as a simple party appetiser. You can’t go wrong!
They also work really well in school lunches if you kids don’t mind eating them cold. Mine will eat them cold so sometimes I will pop a couple in their lunch box in the place of a sandwich or wrap for something different.
WANT MORE RECIPES LIKE THIS ONE? FIND LOADS OF SIMPLE RECIPES HERE.