This article may contain compensated links. Read the full disclosure.
The home office is a place of convenience, where so much important stuff often goes one, but it also can become a place of chaos fairly quickly. This month’s Simplify My Life task is the home office declutter. If you do not have a home office, you can instead tackle your computer desk or any other space in your home that may relate to where you do your important stuff like budgeting, mail sorting and all that fun stuff.
SIMPLIFY MY LIFE – HOME OFFICE DECLUTTER
My home office is somewhat horrendous. It is also a craft room so the dual purpose has it looking like a bomb site pretty much all the time. Back in my days of scrapbooking often, I was a bit of a supplies hoarder so now that I do more digital scrapbooking than anything else, it’s time to downsize big time. But my other office supplies need some major overhauling as well.
Decluttering Your Life
For many of us, paperwork tends to be one of the worst parts of the home office. For that very reason, there is no need to tackle that part of your home office declutter just yet. Put any loose paperwork aside because next Tuesday we will sort through the paper mess as part of our next Organise task.
Now think about it… the home office is a place to be productive so if yours is a mess, you are probably no where near as productive as you want to be. That’s what makes this space such an important one to have clear and functional!
Grab your free home office declutter checklist below by clicking the link:
Some extra home office declutter tips:
- Make sure you have a place for everything and put everything in its place.
- Set up hanging files or in trays to control paper clutter.
- A clear desk and lots of space helps productivity
- Minimise the amount of decorative and unnecessary items in your home office.
- Keep your cords organised and untangled & keep cables in a certain place so you don’t end up with random spares and no idea what they do down the track.
- Don’t hoard excess electronics that either don’t work or aren’t needed.
Pop over to the challenge page for links to other declutter, organise and simplify tasks as part of the Simplify My Life Challenge. It’s not too late to join in. We’ll be going all year long!
Do you use your home office for more than one purpose? Craft room, kids homework, spare room?