This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure
Make your own all purpose cleaning spray at home, using natural ingredients you may already have in your home. Making your own natural cleaning products is not only an effective non-chemical substitute, but also a fraction of the cost of most store bought cleaning products.
How to make your own all purpose cleaning spray
Chemical-based cleaning products can be expensive and are not so great for our health, but sometimes we need a bit more than water and elbow grease to clean stubborn mess in our homes. Lucky there is a natural alternative to almost everything and that includes all purpose cleaning spray.
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 3 drops essential oil
- Combine all ingredients in an empty spray bottle. Shake well.
- Use all purpose cleaning spray in the place of your existing chemical-based cleaning sprays, i.e. on benches, tables, stove tops, other kitchen surfaces, bathroom surfaces, highchairs, and any other surface suitable surface.
What essential oils are best?
Tea tree oil, lavender oil and eucalyptus oil are all great options due to their antibacterial and antifungal properties. They will also leave a fresh scent as you clean.
If you prefer natural cleaning products, be sure to check out my other natural cleaning recipes and methods, so you can simplify your life and minimise nasty chemicals from home.
For more non-toxic homemade cleaning hacks:
- How to clean and descale your shower
- Non-toxic cleaning solutions for home
- How to clean your microwave and dishwasher
- DIY hair detangling spray
What is the one cleaning product you can’t live without?