The laundry – a room we don’t often spend a lot of time in, but do pop in and out of on a regular basis. It should be a space well organised and tidy to make life a little easier so this month as part of the Simplify My Life challenge, we do the laundry declutter.
SIMPLIFY MY LIFE LAUNDRY DECLUTTER
A bit of an easier task for most, as the laundry is a smaller and hopefully less cluttered space compared to the rooms we have decluttered so far as part of the challenge. Although many laundries also include the linen closet so we will be tackling that this month too, whether yours is in the laundry or elsewhere. It’s as good a time as any.
Decluttering My Life
So grab your laundry declutter checklist freebie below, print it out and let’s get to work:
Get an organised and functional laundry with these declutter tips:
- The laundry is a room designed completely for functionality, so keep it minimalist style
- Wall mounted appliances can create space for storage such as cupboards below.
- Make use of wall space such as hooks, hangers and shelves.
- Don’t hoard linen just in case – a few spare blankets and bedding sets are adequate for most households.
- Consider linen cupboard dividers to keep towels and other linen orderly.
For incredible home laundry inspiration, check out these ideas.
Don’t forget to check out the previous declutter tasks for your printable checklists and tips. You can join in any time, as often as you like or as little.
What is your best laundry organising tip? What is the hardest part of your laundry declutter?