Computers are a huge part of most of our lives these days, with our digital lives often being a huge part of our every day now. So it may or may not come as a surprise that instead of an actual room this month, we are decluttering our beloved computers.
SIMPLIFY MY LIFE DECLUTTER COMPUTER
Now by computer declutter, it isn’t limited to just a desktop personal computer, or a laptop, but extended to include our tablets too if that happens to be your primary computing source. Where I refer to programs, this can also be applied to applications as well.
For many, computers now hold so much important information relevant to our personal lives, from photographs to scanned documents, work and entertainment. We save files that hold essential information that we would be somewhat lost if we ‘lost’. Or if you are like me, the computer has become a place of your creativity also, such as with my project life memory keeping as a digital alternative to scrapbooking. With all that in mind, this is why I added the computer declutter to the challenge schedule.
Decluttering My Life
Having an organised computer is not only essential to being productive, but also helps the health of your computer, by minimising the excess and keeping everything up to date.
So click below to download your free computer declutter checklist:
And for some extra computer declutter tips:
- Make sure you have a virus and security protection program on your computer – there are plenty of good free ones if you don’t want to pay
- Regularly back up your important files in more than one place
- Run scheduled maintenance on your computer often, such as disk clean ups to keep things running well
- Always be careful what you click online – even with security programs you can put yourself at risk
- Cloud services are worth investing in, or even using the free versions for your most important documents so you can access them anywhere
- Get in the habit of organising your computer files rather than saving everything to desktop or similar
Don’t forget to check out the rest of the Simplify My Life challenge tasks to help you organise, declutter and simplify your life from head to toe, whether you want to join a couple of tasks or all of them, you can do it at your own pace. But make sure you let me know how you’re going because I’d love to hear.