When it comes to making meals, sometimes we just want something that we can throw together really quickly and easily, with little effort, that not only tastes great but is also good for our family. Those are a lot of boxes to tick, especially if you are a meal planner and want some mid week dinner ideas, but the great thing is, this zucchini slice ticks all those boxes easily.
It also works well for freezer cooking, baking one or more then slicing it up and freezing for quick defrost dinners when you are short of time. Or a perfect alternative for school or work lunches, in the place of a sandwich, as it also tastes great cold. And the best part of all… those hidden veggies that the kids won’t even know they are eating (hopefully).
ZUCCHINI SLICE RECIPE
- 2-3 zucchini, grated
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 rashers of bacon, diced
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1/2 cup oil
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup grated cheese
- Salt, pepper and mixed herbs for seasoning.
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Beat eggs in a large bowl.
- Add other ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into greased slice tin, approximately 11 x 7 inches.
- Bake in moderate oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until golden brown
You can add in any other ingredients you think would work as well, such as different types of meat, other veggies etc. Totally up to you. And if you need a little extra help getting organised, be sure to check out my freezer cooking post as an alternative to meal planning when you are struggling to make time.