Some time ago I decided to write a bucket list. At the time I threw together a lot of random things that were maybe not so much things I really wanted to do before I ‘kicked the bucket’ but stuff that would be pretty awesome if I did.
The whole idea is a little morbid I suppose, yet wonderful at the same time. So when I recently saw the concept of the ‘Reverse Bucket List’, I got a little excited. Pretty much it’s a list of amazing things you have already done in your life. How empowering!
In reverse, here are some of the achievements and experiences that have made my life richer, in no particular order of importance:
- Graduating university (Psychology Honours)
- Getting my drivers’ license… finally! Age 24.
- Giving birth (pain medication free… what was I thinking?)
- Travelling overseas for the first time
- Getting up to an orange belt in Karate (look out!!)
- Marrying my love
- Landing my first job as a psychologist
- Gaining full psychologist registration
- My first scrapbook publication in a magazine
- Having a scrapbook page published in almost every issue of Scrapbooking Memories in 2013
- Getting employee of the month at work
- Having a Devon Rex cat (soon followed by a 2nd Devon fur baby)
- BECOMING A MOTHER – Yep, it’s so far the ultimate!
- Travelling to Poland, Germany, France, Switzerland, Austria, Belgium, Slovakia, Czech, Italy, New Zealand, Fiji, Vietnam
- Experiencing a white Christmas and new years (Zakopane, 2008)
- Starting my own small business
- Getting a tattoo… or 3
- Eating snails in Paris
- Riding a gondola in Venice
- Drinking vodka in Poland
- Getting tailored clothes in Hoi An
- Joining a kava ceremony in Fiji
- Lived in 2 states in Australia
- Been on tour with a band (so it’s just my husbands band… but still sounds cool)
- Quitting my job of more than 7 years and getting out of my comfort zone
- Deciding to embark on a career change – to become a teacher
No doubt I will be able to add lots more to this list over time. Such as completing my new degree in education when the time comes.
And I have a whole lot more travel planned, intention to extend our happy little family of 3 and so many more creative hobbies to master. Oh and of course, one day I will succeed in decluttering my house and life 😉
Do you have a bucket list or better still, a reverse bucket list? Sometimes it’s nice to remind ourselves of the great things we’ve achieved!